PDA

View Full Version : Ferris IS3000 suspention and seat questions

TheKingNJ
04-07-2005, 09:51 PM
I bought a Ferris is 3000 60in kawi last summer(amazing) I have 2 questions about it though. I've got 170 hours on it so far.

1)I haven't messed with the suspension yet. Has anyone adjusted it and how much I weigh 160 pounds an mow larger yards with many bumps.

2) Has anyone else had a problem with the seat? When i stop short, turn hard or hit bumps I take enough weight off the seat to engage the emergency stop briefly, it's driving me nuts.

barnard
04-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Yes to both questions I backed the spring tension offuntil there is about 5/8 inch of room between the wheel motors and the A-arm . I also removed the spring and bolt that lift the seat when you get off.

Travis Followell
04-08-2005, 07:50 PM
I also say yes to both questions. I adjusted the rear suspension to raise the frame to 10". The book says for it to be raised to 10 1/4" but I figure 10" is fine. I also adjusted the front suspension a little stiffer because I weigh 225 and seems like with more tension on the front springs it will bounce more with me allowing a smoother ride. if you weigh 160 then i'd say the lightest setting should work for you.

I have also experience the seat wanting to fly up with me and really don't know what to do. I just try to brace myself better before i slow down so I wont fly up as far. Thats something that Ferris definately needs to work on. its a common thing because my dealer even mentioned it today and one of the bad points on the machine. We bought a new IS 3000 about 2 weeks ago with a 26 hp LC vertical shaft kawasaki and we've only put 5.1 hours on ours so far but we love it. It rides great.

barnard
04-08-2005, 08:26 PM
I should have pointed out that the washer on the bottom of the bolt activates the kill switch .I removed it .