PDA

View Full Version : Bought my ACS today!

wrightlawn
04-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Finally went ahead and ordered the advanced chute system for my tiger cub today. What has everyone found to be some of the best uses for these besides the obvious(throwing rocks)? any cons of using the system you have found?

grass_cuttin_fool
04-08-2005, 06:53 AM
There are 2 small cons, It will clog up the deck some and it will leave a small trail of clippings on the discharge side of the deck. But that is still far better than cleaning out mulch beds and the saving time of blowing sidewalks and drives. I still have to blow them off but there is no way as many clippings and therefore much fast

wrightlawn
04-12-2005, 03:40 PM
should i change the blades when using this system to mulching blades?

cleancutccl
04-12-2005, 04:02 PM
I usually leave the door on the ACS a little open then it blows the windrows away for me. The one problem that I have is that the spring is really damn tight, its hard to easily put down. There is a way to mess with the tension but I haven't had time.

grass_cuttin_fool
04-12-2005, 05:01 PM
should i change the blades when using this system to mulching blades?
I switched to a gator type blade in the fall and it does alot better in leaves. Got to remember just because we have the ASC on the mower, with out the baffles under the deck its not going to be a true mulcher. But reg blades are fine this time of year

Spirit Lanwcare
04-12-2005, 11:30 PM
I switched to a gator type blade in the fall and it does alot better in leaves. Got to remember just because we have the ASC on the mower, with out the baffles under the deck its not going to be a true mulcher. But reg blades are fine this time of year

Gators work great for me as well.