PDA

View Full Version : Exmark uneven

shorty7616
04-08-2005, 02:27 AM
Last summer I was having some issues with my cut being even on my 36" Metro. I ended up replacing one spindle, and replacing the front tires. I measured around the blades....everything seems level. I do however keep having bolts that come off of the mower....the bolts connect the deck to the frame...I've tried everything...lock nuts, etc. Nothing seems to hold. I still seem to notice a slight uneveness. I thought it was just me being crazy, but I currently have a loaner and I see nothing wrong.

Could the deck be bent?
Why are the bolts repeatedly coming loose?
Anything else I'm missing

John Gamba
04-08-2005, 07:11 AM
Bring it back to the dealer or ask exmark.
John

65hoss
04-08-2005, 07:59 AM
Bring it back to the dealer or ask exmark.
John
Best suggestion.

KathysLGC
04-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Try using lock tite on the bolts or try the nuts with the plastic in them. Did you check the air pressure in the rear tires? Did you buy this used or new from a dealer? Are the rear tire the same size? Did you check the spacers if any holding the blades? I's assume this if a fixed deck so also make sure the spacers on the yokes are even.

Gautreaux's LNG
04-08-2005, 10:06 AM
There may be a vibration problem with your deck. Balance your blades and make sure the belts don't wobble after leaving the pulleys.Check for a small chunk of something between a belt and pulley. this can cause alot of vibration. good luck.

shorty7616
04-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Actually meantioned it to the dealer, and they didn't care too much (thats a different post.) I've used the locking nuts, checked the blade spacers, the tires, the blades are balanced. The belt is a good idea, they wobble after I disengage the blades.
I was afraid of using loctite in case I didn't get the deck level.---Its hard to explain, but when the deck is loose from the frame it forms a V-shape.

Mo Green
04-08-2005, 11:52 AM
Post some pictures of what you are talking about as far as the deck shape and set up. Maybe we can offer more help. Maybe a dumb question, but are both spindles in good working order?

MTR
04-08-2005, 12:51 PM
Is this a used unit or new one? Have you checked the axle bolts on both sides? It is critically important that both axles are aligned at same level. There is a guy that forgot to correct the axle bolts on Metro fixed deck after he adjusted belts and brakes, including cutting height, one axle higher than another, result you know. Also, spacers between spindle and blades and spacers at the forks both top and bottom, one spacer mistake you got bad cut as similar to uneven tire pressure.

lampeslawnservice
04-08-2005, 08:43 PM
I no longer use lock nuts, I use TOP LOCK NUTS. These nuts are sort of crushed egg shape and wont come off unless you want them too. Race car neighbor let me borrow some and I'm sold. Fastenal is the only place I can find them!

shorty7616
04-10-2005, 12:09 AM
I'll post some pics as soon as the mower comes back from the shop. One spindle might be ready to be replaced. In terms of spacers, and axle height they are correct. BTW is was a new unit.

shorty7616
04-10-2005, 12:12 AM
Btw the mower is in the shop because of tranny work ......different post. But they wouldn't give me any insight as to way it was doing this..

So the deck couldn't be bent----this is a pretty rare event, right?

John Gamba
04-10-2005, 07:45 AM
Btw the mower is in the shop because of tranny work ......different post. But they wouldn't give me any insight as to way it was doing this..

So the deck couldn't be bent----this is a pretty rare event, right?

You might want to try a new dealer in the future.

John