PDA

View Full Version : 8 weeks and counting

shorty7616
04-08-2005, 03:34 AM
I posted earlier about my exmark being in the shop for 6 weeks. Well, were up to 8 now. I called the owner of the store, he didn't care too much, and I'm definitely blacklisted from the store. I told the owner my story, he gets back to me after he "checks" on it. Told me nothing was wrong, and apologized. I don't really know what type of shape the mower will be in.

I'm in the process of looking at new shops, but they are all pretty far away. Even if i needed to use my current place, I don't think I would trust them with my stuff again. Especially after the owner went in.

lawnman_scott
04-08-2005, 06:30 AM
I would go get it by now. If they want you to pay, i would call the cops.

65hoss
04-08-2005, 09:07 AM
Where in TN?

So if there isn't a problem, why haven't you gone to get it?

Charles
04-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Long before 8 weeks that owner of the shop would have wished he never met me

Spirit Lanwcare
04-08-2005, 09:53 AM
I posted earlier about my exmark being in the shop for 6 weeks. Well, were up to 8 now. I called the owner of the store, he didn't care too much, and I'm definitely blacklisted from the store. I told the owner my story, he gets back to me after he "checks" on it. Told me nothing was wrong, and apologized. I don't really know what type of shape the mower will be in.

I'm in the process of looking at new shops, but they are all pretty far away. Even if i needed to use my current place, I don't think I would trust them with my stuff again. Especially after the owner went in.

What happened that you were "black listed" from this shop? Are we getting the whole story here? I have never been black listed from any shop in my area maybe it's because I pay my bills and take decent care of my equipment?

Sounds kinda fishy to me.

craglawnmanor
04-08-2005, 11:55 AM
I'm curious too. Where in TN?

shorty7616
04-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Sorry I wasn't too clear....

By no problem, the owner meant that they didn't do anything wrong. They are a couple parts "ordered". One was a transmission cover because the OPC was stripped. It went it for PREVENTATIVE maint. I was having some problems with it last year sticking when it got wet.

By blacklisted I mean, now that I contacted the owner the people in the shop might sabotoge the repair. So after I get the mower back- they really don't want to see me again. and Vice-Versa.

Its in Hendersonville.

So I should get the mower....I'm kinda hoping they forget. I at least have a really nice loaner. j/k

shorty7616
04-10-2005, 01:13 AM
Btw, I Do Pay All Of My Bills Spirit!!!

spoolinaround
04-10-2005, 01:16 AM
Btw, I Do Pay All Of My Bills Spirit!!!
if you have a nice loaner wait til they get it done and then keep the loaner for a few weeks

lawnman_scott
04-10-2005, 01:20 AM
What happened that you were "black listed" from this shop? Are we getting the whole story here? I have never been black listed from any shop in my area maybe it's because I pay my bills and take decent care of my equipment?

Sounds kinda fishy to me.
I have also been "blacklisted" by 3 places. I dont go there because they dont want me there. One place I called the cops to get my mower they wouldnt give me, and they said it happens all the time there. I have found most mower shops to be lacking in parts and mechanical knowledge.

Soupy
04-10-2005, 01:24 AM
Sorry I wasn't too clear....

By no problem, the owner meant that they didn't do anything wrong. They are a couple parts "ordered". One was a transmission cover because the OPC was stripped. It went it for PREVENTATIVE maint. I was having some problems with it last year sticking when it got wet.

By blacklisted I mean, now that I contacted the owner the people in the shop might sabotoge the repair. So after I get the mower back- they really don't want to see me again. and Vice-Versa.

Its in Hendersonville.

So I should get the mower....I'm kinda hoping they forget. I at least have a really nice loaner. j/k

If you have a nice loaner then don't sweat it. Let them take all the time in the world because it saves wear and tear on your mower.