PDA

View Full Version : north eastern pricing help?????

ACE LANDSCAPING, L.L.C.
04-08-2005, 07:23 AM
hi everybody, we recently gave a few estimates out and were told that we were alittle expensive. we thought chargeing $35 an hour per person with a machine or shovel and wheel barrow was an ok rate. we did a spring clean-up and the guy said $35 was a high rate for a clean-up. we had another women who wanted her lawn aerated and then have all the plugs raked up and also all other debris raked up. we told her $180 2 hours to aerate at $50 an hour and 2 hours to remove plugs and debris @ $35 an hour. it came to $170 and we have to rent a small aerator because she has a gate to out back and theres no way we'd get a 48" through. so we kicked in another $10 to help with the rental fee, which made it $180. she said it seemed high. this is a new company in it's first full year of business w/ minimum experience. are we out of line here or they just cheap? i know it's tough to say w/o seeing sites but i think the womens could be mowed in 30 min. w/ a 22" murray and the guys be done in 30 min. with a 52" walk behind. any help would be great.

thanks bill

Lawnchoice
04-08-2005, 08:19 AM
Bill,

Sounds like you found some cheap customers. Here are some pointers.

Sell your services and yourself never price.
Never lower your price.
Always set a price and stick by it.
Market yourself in better neighborhoods ( stay out of Hampton Falls though :eek: ) Just kidding
Keep trying and trying.

35 seems a bit low IMO. I am not going to tell you what I charge, but it isn't anywhere near that. I would go through your service list and set pricing for all of that. Like pricing per ft. for edging, pricing per yard installed for the mulch, per sq ft. foot the dethatching or aeration. With mowing always consider trees, gates, etc. In the beginning, never eyeball things. Make sure you measure out everything.

If you want to talk ever, I think you still have my number. I will help you in any way I can. But by no means am I perfect - hahah.

GL

ACE LANDSCAPING, L.L.C.
04-08-2005, 11:04 AM
i thought we were ok with the prices. i think it's a good idea to go through and figure stuff by the foot. thanks nate i'll try and catch up with ya this weekend.