PDA

View Full Version : How is your year?

LawnsRUsInc.
04-08-2005, 07:41 AM
How is everyones year starting out. I think i have more lawn maint. jobs than i can handle. Normal employee problems we have a flat tire. Oh we are doing the patio at that house i thought we were starting the retaing wall at the other house blah blah blah. Just wanted to see if everyones doing ok.

rodfather
04-08-2005, 07:43 AM
We have more than we can probably handle so this weekend I think I will do some selective customer "weeding" out.

65hoss
04-08-2005, 07:58 AM
We have more than we can probably handle so this weekend I think I will do some selective customer "weeding" out.
I've been doing that since winter. Except I eliminated 1/2 of my customers and picked up a couple that will make me more. :drinkup:

LALawnboy
04-09-2005, 03:04 AM
down in the south, my job is going great. i've been able to cut since the middle of february and the grass hasn't stopped growing (a good thing for me).

LawnsRUsInc.
04-09-2005, 09:55 AM
For the past 2 weeks we have been recieving 30-40 calls a day. I went from a business maint. mix of 75% residential 25% commercial to 50%-50% This year i landed 5 larger apt complexes 6 office buildings and 3 big a$$ condo projects. Wow does that make a big difference in revenue.

nobagger
04-09-2005, 11:01 AM
Man, throw some my way, Our snow finally melted off and anticipate starting in the next couple of weeks. Our mowing sucks got the rug pulled out from under us by a huge lawn care company we subbed from. :realmad: :cry:
But when one door shuts two more open, we were called about subbing out some work from a fertalizing co. well we will see how this one goes. Going to be very picky on what lawns and commercial accounts we get from him. But I'm glad to hear things are going well for others. :waving:

ALarsh
04-09-2005, 11:07 AM
I think i have more lawn maint. jobs than i can handle.

I'll take 'em. :) Landed 2 more accounts and one of my previous accounts is thinking about going to the "I'll cut everything for $20" guy. :realmad:

blankenshiplawncare
04-09-2005, 11:08 AM
For the past 2 weeks we have been recieving 30-40 calls a day. I went from a business maint. mix of 75% residential 25% commercial to 50%-50% This year i landed 5 larger apt complexes 6 office buildings and 3 big a$$ condo projects. Wow does that make a big difference in revenue.

I have pressed to get large accounts and have landed a couple of them. I have landed more residential though. I have a fear of putting too much time into commercial because of the turn over factor. If you turn over a few residential customers per year you don't really notice the change. If you turn over a couple of $3000.00 per month customers per year and don't pick new ones right back up that would hurt. I'm sure this fear has to do a lot with the size of my business and the ultimate cash flow factor, but it has been a concern of mine starting out my second full time year. Its good to hear your picking up these large accounts. Best of luck to you this year.

Phil

sildoc
04-09-2005, 11:17 AM
I wish every one would not want everything done right now.
Every year from march to june I am so swamped I don't know what to do. Then July hits and every one is going on vacation. All I have are the routine year round accounts. I hate going from 7-10 thou a month to 4000 in sales.
But then again come October and November when leaves start to fall we are back at it again.

Equipguy
04-09-2005, 03:23 PM
First quarter results were up just over 18% from same time last year. Q2 is off to a good start too. Hope it continues.

Eddie B
04-09-2005, 04:39 PM
The areas I mow in were attacked by 3 different lowballers. Lost 6 accounts to this, but i'm sure most will be back. I've mowed most lots twice already, and I haven't seen these guys pull out a mower YET. :realmad:

Rhett
04-09-2005, 05:12 PM
Absolutely nuts. Phone rings, give out too high of estimate, they accept repeat. Solo again and over 50 accounts. I am tired already.

sildoc
04-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Absolutely nuts. Phone rings, give out too high of estimate, they accept repeat. Solo again and over 50 accounts. I am tired already.
Tell me about it. I am tired of doing spring cleanups. I just wish I can get to the monotony of walking behind the mower in 100+ degree heat.

YardPro
04-09-2005, 08:05 PM
we are having our busiest spring ever. we have already done over 100K in work...........................

LawnsRUsInc.
04-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Dont worry about turn over with large properties sign them up on multiple year contracts. And worry about doing a good job. I signed up 4 customers that are well over $3,000 per month.

blankenshiplawncare
04-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Tell me about it. I am tired of doing spring cleanups. I just wish I can get to the monotony of walking behind the mower in 100+ degree heat.

Thats funny because it is so true.

spoolinaround
04-10-2005, 01:07 AM
The areas I mow in were attacked by 3 different lowballers. Lost 6 accounts to this, but i'm sure most will be back. I've mowed most lots twice already, and I haven't seen these guys pull out a mower YET. :realmad:
I losty about 7 in a area that has always been $50 a cut, now they are in doing them for $25 a pop damn it just makes me mad

lawn_pro
04-10-2005, 03:57 AM
Finally done with clean-ups, the phone has been ringing off the hook this year.....kind of strange, I guess it's because alot of companies went out of business last year. Another strange thing that I haven't experienced that often until this year-customer calls for a bid and tells what they were paying before and asks how close we can come to the price? This has happened about 12 times this year.....

Jeff@SGLC.ca
04-10-2005, 09:07 PM
We are definately more busy then last year. Mowing season hasn't started yet but we landed a sub job for 60 plus lawns with plans to sub commercial jobs next year for the same company. I'm still waiting to hear back on how many soccer fields we land again this year. Had 26 last year but co uld be up to 49 feilds. So we are quite busy.

RICHIE K
04-10-2005, 10:22 PM
This past winter i got rid if several customers pita's, late payers, etc....
13 of them, and now this year we got 9 new ones but it ok because there in the same neiborhoods that we service already.

Richie K

www.kulakandcompany.com :dizzy: