PDA

View Full Version : 36 inch exmark metro

adam5557
04-08-2005, 08:02 PM
hey guys i got a 36in exmark metro and i wanted to heigher the blade it is at 3 inches and there are 2 spacers in the front and was wondering if i should just add a spacer to make it higher.It looks lilke the front is a little low anyway.Will this affect my cut?thanks guys

Mo Green
04-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Possibly. Check the manual that came with the mower. Use the chart in there when adjusting blade heights for the best results.

nobagger
04-08-2005, 08:11 PM
hey guys i got a 36in exmark metro and i wanted to heigher the blade it is at 3 inches and there are 2 spacers in the front and was wondering if i should just add a spacer to make it higher.It looks lilke the front is a little low anyway.Will this affect my cut?thanks guys
It will change somewhat. It is a Metro and not a Metro HP, right? If you change the caster wheel height it will also change the deck a little if you have it too high in the front you will be blowing grass out of the sides. Check the owners manual I'm sure its in there,(how to raise and lower the blades)Remember you have to replace spacers just don't leave them out. Example, however many spacers you take off the bottom you need to move them to the top of the spindles.

Mo Green
04-08-2005, 08:16 PM
Check the link below. Pages 34-40 talks about adjusting deck height and show the charts that I was referring to. If this isn't the manual for your serial number, just go to the service/support section of the Exmark website.

http://www.exmark.com/pdfs/850419(1).pdf

Hope this helps.

nobagger
04-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Check the link below. Pages 34-40 talks about adjusting deck height and show the charts that I was referring to. If this isn't the manual for your serial number, just go to the service/support section of the Exmark website.

http://www.exmark.com/pdfs/850419(1).pdf

Hope this helps.
Mo I don't know if this guy wants to raise the deck or just the blades ;)
If its the deck he wants to raise , good luck with a fixed deck! Also if you raise the blades too high on an Exmark it looses its vaccuum effect. I thought last year raising my blades on my Exmark Viking would make less of a mess, WRONG, I asked an Exmark rep at a seminar and he told me to lower the blades so there would be more vac. guess what it worked!

Mo Green
04-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Raising the deck in accordance to their specs is the best way to do it. Just raising or lowering blades will lower the cut quality.

adam5557
04-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Hey guys i just want to change it so it doesnt cut the grass so short cause it is at 3in on flat ground so maybe 2 1/2 on the grass. I just want a simple way to change this.thanks for the help guys.its a metro not metro hp

Mo Green
04-08-2005, 09:59 PM
So you don't care about the cut quality? If you have a blade height of 3" sitting on flat ground, then your cutting height is 3".

adam5557
04-08-2005, 10:08 PM
oh alright thankshttp://lawnsite.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=987391#
Smilie... i do care about my quality of cut but i just want something simple i can change with out playing with the blade.thanks any help appreciated

adam5557
04-09-2005, 07:59 AM
any help guys?

Mo Green
04-09-2005, 09:35 AM
I told you, read the manual. It tells you how to raise and lower the deck. I did the research and found the manual for you. All you have to do is read it.

nobagger
04-09-2005, 10:32 AM
oh alright thankshttp://lawnsite.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=987391#
Smilie... i do care about my quality of cut but i just want something simple i can change with out playing with the blade.thanks any help appreciated
Adam, when you have a FIXED deck the only way to raise the blades is to adjust each spindle with washers, I think each washer equals (when moved from bottom to top) a half inch. So if you want to lower the blades then take a washer from each spindle and put it on the top of each spindle. There is no easy way with a fixed deck.