PDA

View Full Version : Canadian, Eh? Pricing question

MowerMoney
04-08-2005, 09:45 PM
This is a really great site. I have learned a lot from everyone here over the past year. Particularly about pricing ie. $45 per acre and such. But most of the members are American (God Bless America). My question is what are the average Canadian prices for cutting. I don't seem to be getting any hits on the larger properties I've quoted. Wondering if I'm too high or if my area just won't support those prices.

I haven't been able to use the $1.00 per minute for residental. More like $0.75 per minute at best.

Jeff@SGLC.ca
04-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Something is wrong if on a 15 minute job you are only getting $11.25. Base prices on a minimum to drop the gate all together. I find $25.00 works well no matter the lawn size. If they want it less its not worth my time to do.

I have my property sizes at the office but i'll try and post some sqft and price I get for an example.

Fareway Lawncare
04-08-2005, 10:01 PM
MowerMoney, You have to realize first off that American Green Industry types arn't very smart and tend to exagerate.....I can make more w/a 21" Pushmower up here cutting Small Residentials than they can cutting Big Areas w/10k riders..... It's the Same Deal in Canada...The Acreages Pay Less than Small Lots....2-4k Lots are Your Best MoneyMakers.

captken
04-08-2005, 10:16 PM
MowerMoney, You have to realize first off that American Green Industry types arn't very smart and tend to exagerate....

Sad, but true.

And thats why I think I will suceed. However, you can't stereotype everyone. Remember we can take your country if we want it....

MowerMoney
04-08-2005, 10:33 PM
Jeff, you took me too litterally. my minimum is $25 per cut. trying to bump that to $27 this year though, with gas inflation and all.

I would like to see your rate chart though. thanks.

MowerMoney
04-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Fareway, how long to you spend on the average 2 - 4K lawn? And for how much on average?

I have one street in a seniors village with 10 customers that I get $25 each. Three houses in a row takes me 60 - 75 minutes. $75 for that. Good money. And no miles between stops. But all my other customers are 5 - 15 minutes apart between 3 towns. Don't get paid for windshield time (I use that for my rest breaks)

captken
04-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Sad, but true.

And thats why I think I will suceed. However, you can't stereotype everyone. Remember we can take your country if we want it....

Sick the Mounties on us? Dudley Doo right? Or maybe, the mother country....will come to your rescue.....lol

jfenton
04-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Sad, but true.

Don't forget the war of 1812

Jeff@SGLC.ca
04-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Don't forget the war of 1812

Hmmm, I believe that's the war we won correct? :waving:

jfenton
04-08-2005, 11:01 PM
Hmmm, I believe that's the war we won correct? :waving:
It's a sore point with them. They don't learn about it in school

Jeff@SGLC.ca
04-08-2005, 11:03 PM
It's a sore point with them. They don't learn about it in school

That is true, it would be a real knock on their stature to find out they didn't win all the wars they were in.

jfenton
04-08-2005, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE=Jeff@SGLC.ca]That is true, it would be a real knock on their stature to find out they didn't win all the wars they were in.[/QUOWe did it once, we could do it again. We're too close to nuke, for one thing!!

captken
04-08-2005, 11:10 PM
That is true, it would be a real knock on their stature to find out they didn't win all the wars they were in.

But we can kick Ottawa's butt today. And do more than just burn your capitol....and imagine...were still friends...lol

jfenton
04-08-2005, 11:19 PM
But we can kick Ottawa's butt today. And do more than just burn your capitol....and imagine...were still friends...lol
I Guess we'd better head for the mountains. I hear there are lots of caves there. But seriously, we could use a regime change here in Ottawa :dizzy:

captken
04-08-2005, 11:26 PM
I Guess we'd better head for the mountains. I hear there are lots of caves there. But seriously, we could use a regime change here in Ottawa :dizzy:

here too! In Washington. :dizzy:

Fareway Lawncare
04-08-2005, 11:29 PM
Jeff...China is Now the World's #1 Super Power...The American Green Industry Types are even Buying Chinese Mowers because they Can't Afford American Mowers anymore....and they are Being overrun by Hispanic Companies...& Part Timers and Weekend Warriors and White Trash Companies.

The Bottom is Dropping out of the Fragile Green Industry Mowing Market in the US...Thank God we Sealed up the Boarders to American Immigration.

MowerMoney
04-08-2005, 11:30 PM
For anyone else viewing this, I did not intend to start The War of 2005. :cool2: I like our southern neighbours. :)

woodycrest
04-08-2005, 11:31 PM
oh no...not Canadian politics now....

i thought this thread was about pricing?????

Captken,
nice hairdoo on the horse.... :)

jfenton
04-08-2005, 11:33 PM
For anyone else viewing this, I did not intend to start The War of 2005. :cool2: I like our southern neighbours. :)
Only brothers can be so relaxed with each other that they can trade insults and not get mad :waving:

captken
04-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Only brothers can be so relaxed with each other that they can trade insults and not get mad :waving:

How can we possibly get angry at a county with funny money?

"Take me to your leader!"

woodycrest
04-08-2005, 11:49 PM
LOL!!!

live long and prosper...

MowerMoney
04-09-2005, 12:01 AM
Yes, pricing!
But not all lawns are equal. last year I cut a lawn that was only 3500 s. ft. and I estimated it at 30 to 35 minutes at $30 per cut. It actually took me 60 minutes due to all the little strips of lawn between gardens etc. (they are English). One little strip was only 12" wide so I had to use the trimmer on it and they told me in the summer thet had potted plants on it and I would have to use hand clippers there. YA, RIGHT!!! I said "Don't think so". :p
They fired me after 1 month because I wasn't doing the trim to their satisfaction. This year they want me back (wonder if the other guy raised his price??) My price will be higher this year but haven't told them yet. :waving:

MowerMoney
04-09-2005, 12:13 AM
captken,
lol, ..... keep em coming

Fareway Lawncare
04-09-2005, 04:08 AM
MowerMoney...Most Americans Posting on Green Industry Sites are Generally Riff Raff...There's Good and Bad American Green Industry Types but Most Who Post (Captken eXcepted) are Egoists and or Part Timers and or Weekend Warriors.

Don't Take What you Read Here Too Seriously.

jfenton
04-09-2005, 09:22 PM
How can we possibly get angry at a county with funny money?

"Take me to your leader!"

Good one captken.
Hope this doesn't bring the secret service to my door

Dortz
02-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Something is wrong if on a 15 minute job you are only getting $11.25. Base prices on a minimum to drop the gate all together. I find $25.00 works well no matter the lawn size. If they want it less its not worth my time to do.

I have my property sizes at the office but i'll try and post some sqft and price I get for an example.

I would like some of those square footage prices. I am in Ottawa and just want to be more consistent.
Thanks