PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Got An Answer For This Problem?

MMLawn
04-08-2005, 10:05 PM
I buy and use mostly Echo commercial trimmers because I like them, the employees like them and the SRM style spools are so easy to keep extras loaded and in the trucks and change out. Well two weeks ago I also changed all of my RedMax heads (2500's & 2600's) to the Echo SRM heads so that we could keep only one type of spool loaded and on the trucks to cut down on line change time. Well the line (all the same brand) is welding bad on the RedMax trimmers, so bad that it "jams up" but not doing it at all on the Echo's. If we switch the spool out of the RM and put it in the Echo again it does fine. ;) I have sprayed them with WD40 and it still welds every single time. Anyone have any idea what would be causing this?

Thanks!

br549oicu8
04-08-2005, 10:08 PM
Is it possibly a difference in velocity......rpm's???
Doesn't make sense to weld like that. We use all echo's and used to have the problems with cheaper line. Not sure what else it could be..good luck!

MMLawn
04-08-2005, 10:50 PM
I thought about the RPM's but I'm not sure there is a whole lot of difference in them between the two brands.

MMLawn
04-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Anybody????????????????

Envy Lawn Service
04-09-2005, 01:39 PM
Probably additional gearbox head heat on the Redmax.

What kind of line are you running?

ed2hess
04-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Hard to understand how those spools would perform differently on different trimmers. Are the eyelets worn(with grooves)? I would simply try another spool of 095" line. I never buy cord in large spools because it performs differently sometimes. I don't like getting cord from places like HomeDepot because I think it sits and gets brittle. I run the Echo spool on Shindawa 370 and that is a big hummer and don't see any problems. Usually short cord beat against concrete at high rpm will result in a weld. Run a longer amount of cord and slow rpm down. Is guard off?

ducky1
04-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Redmax does run a few more rpms than the echos. Probably just enough to weld the line, We have had some problems with the echos doing that with cheap line. When we changed to a better grade of line, have not had any problem. You might try whatever line they put on redmax and see if that helps.

locutus
04-09-2005, 10:27 PM
This is why I recently installed a Redmax head on an Echo trimmmer. The separate chambers in the Redmax head keep this from happening. I also like the metal insert in the Redmax tap button.

Envy Lawn Service
04-10-2005, 01:53 AM
Never really looked at a Redmax head that in depth. All I know is some of the trimmers have huge diameter heads.

Personally I really really like my Stihl AutoCut 25-2 head.
I haven't used anything yet that I liked better.

Pathfinders Lawncare
04-10-2005, 03:59 AM
Just picked up one of the new Shindawa quick load heads, used it enough to reload 4-5 times, use the blue twisted string that welds real easy on some heads, not a problem now. Happy Days

Envy Lawn Service
04-10-2005, 04:40 AM
You talking about the Suffix line?
That's about all I use an I never have problems.
Hummm........

br549oicu8
04-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Where is a good place to get good pricing on suffix line. We love the stuff.
We buy enough basic parts that we qualified to buy at dealer price but not that line.
Thanks!