PDA

View Full Version : New Toro 52" Mulching Problem

Bings
04-08-2005, 09:31 PM
O.K. guy's I just picked up my new Toro 52" 27hp. today. Has the stripe kit and mulch kit installed. It has what I think are high sail blades on it. Problem is it doesn't seem to be mulching. I was mowing a family members yard for the 1st time this season. and there was leaves left from the fall. when I looked behind me the leaves were still the same size. also when going thru grass 8" tall the mower would stall if I didn't just creep thru it. I know I have a lot to learn here but would a different blade help? My dad was mowing with a 60" Dixon 20hp. but was SD and was mowing circles around me. I guess I need to know if that's just the way it is or do I take this mulching kit off.
Kinda frustrated...Dealer is a family member but his mechanic is out sick. He say's something is wrong, this shouldn't be happening. Anyone got any ideas???

MMLawn
04-08-2005, 09:37 PM
This time of year I'd take the mulch kit off as the growth is dense and thick. Also don;'t sweat it as trying to mulch 8" tall grass is not going to happen in most cases.