PDA

View Full Version : Wright Stander on your gate

afftandem
04-08-2005, 11:11 PM
my 32" stander wont clear my drop gate.. deck catches every time... even when Im on a slope which decreases the drop, and even with a 4 x 4 underneath the lip.

anyone else have this problem with the standers?... what do ya do to fix it.

Yard Perfect
04-08-2005, 11:14 PM
I got a pair of curved (up) ramps and solved the problem right away.

afftandem
04-08-2005, 11:29 PM
explain more.

impactlandscaping
04-08-2005, 11:40 PM
What about doing a wheelie over the gate hinges?..that's what I'm assuming you are catching on. Even with ours set at 3.5", I still have to do a little wheelie to clear the concrete lip into our garage so the ACS or mulch plates don't bottom. I wouldn't even mess with 4x4's and stuff like that.

Gautreaux's LNG
04-08-2005, 11:46 PM
The Wright rep was at our shop earlier this season, he had a ton of trouble getting it on and off his own trailer.... this was a real turn off for me. A commercial mower MUST be trailer friendly.

I also found it very hard to keep speed and control of the unit if the terrain wasn't very smooth.

jtkplc
04-08-2005, 11:53 PM
Yeah, I would agree it's a turnoff. The standers I've used you must pop a wheelie to get it up on the trailer and really jerk it to get it off.

joeg2246
04-09-2005, 06:33 AM
You guys just validated my decision to pass on a Wright. I have decided to go to a rider for sure.

Spirit Lanwcare
04-09-2005, 07:52 AM
No problems here getting my Great Dane Super Surfer off a trailer.

Probably because of the floating deck that makes it comaprable to a rider.

LawnScapers of Dayton
04-09-2005, 07:54 AM
I just pop a little wheelie to get on the trailer, carefully manuver it off the trailer.....no big deal. It would never be a reason to not use the Stander for me. The benefits far outweigh the challenges.

Derek

Teiman
04-09-2005, 08:23 AM
The guy that delivered my Stander 61 had a tilt bed trailer.
It was a thing of beauty, real low to the ground, wheels
near the center. When it tilted, it was only at about 20 Deg.
It still had a flop down gate to keep small stuff inside or I
suppose if you did not want to bother with the tilt.

I have done about 10 acres with the machine and I am
pleased with it. Built like a Tank and Drives like a Porsche.

Teiman
04-09-2005, 08:29 AM
DMontgomery,

What is your technique for wheelies? I am guessing you
just hang you wheight off the back and goose the hydros?

My 61 dosent seem to want to do it real easy. Even chips
the tires sometimes. Maybe I cant get enough weight off the back
to offset the big deck.

traman
04-09-2005, 08:33 AM
i have a 36 inch wright stander,never had a problem in or off the trailer,even when set at the lowest setting ,have you tried backing it in ,sometimes a different angle of approach makes a difference

impactlandscaping
04-09-2005, 10:09 AM
I just pop a little wheelie to get on the trailer, carefully manuver it off the trailer.....no big deal. It would never be a reason to not use the Stander for me. The benefits far outweigh the challenges.

Derek

Exactly Derek..Ours don't even catch on the 14' trailer, just a little on the 10' because of the narrower distance between the hinges.

ECS
04-09-2005, 10:28 AM
What size hitch are you using on the truck for the trailer? If you are using a 2" drop, reverse it so you have a 2" rise. Get a set of ramps and place them on the trailer gate to take awy the incline. Just two suggestions that do work.

MTR
04-09-2005, 12:06 PM
i have a 36 inch wright stander,never had a problem in or off the trailer,even when set at the lowest setting ,have you tried backing it in ,sometimes a different angle of approach makes a difference

Traman, why you are selling your 36" Stander and keeping 36" Metro? Both machines are quite different beast, one gear another hydro...
I am also eXmark man, but Stander is always in my mind...just curious why you try to get rid of Stander? Is that because of its fixed deck?

Planet Landscaping
04-09-2005, 12:09 PM
The 61 does not load into a flatbed truck anyway easy. Bottoms out on even small inclines.Curbs suck too. I still luv em. :rolleyes:

impactlandscaping
04-09-2005, 02:51 PM
Hey Traman, when and if you get that Stander down to or under 2K, give me a PM. I'll be coming down that way in about a month, and will gladly take it off your hands.

traman
04-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Traman, why you are selling your 36" Stander and keeping 36" Metro? Both machines are quite different beast, one gear another hydro...
I am also eXmark man, but Stander is always in my mind...just curious why you try to get rid of Stander? Is that because of its fixed deck?
thats one reason , i mow some real low weed infested lawns ,the other i need to mow around a lot of retention ponds ,just don't feel safe that close to water

WoodBrothersLC
04-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Just do a wheelie. That same things happens with our 52".

Itsgottobegreen
04-11-2005, 12:26 PM
My 14' open trailer with 5' ramp I would have to pop a small wheelie. If you go and buy another trailer sometime order it with a longer ramp.
My 16' enclosed trailer has a 6' ramp and the standers have no problem going in and out of it.
Its the angle of attack of the ramp that is causing the problems. Any walkbehind you have to do the same thing. You have to lift the front of the deck up to get it over the edge.

LawnScapers of Dayton
04-11-2005, 01:46 PM
I have also found that if I bring the non-discharge side of the mower off the trailer onto the ramp first, then swing the discharge side off it doesn't hang up either.

By the way......I am halfway through my first day with the 52".......it only added 15 minutes onto the morning over the 61" that I traded in......... much better performance also.....

Derek