PDA

View Full Version : Lawnboy question???

AAA Lawn Service
04-09-2005, 04:37 AM
I am thinking about buying a used Lawnboy Silver Series mower. I saw it in the want-ads in another city so I haven't seen it yet. I have never owned one so I have questions. I called the owner and he said it was a mulching mower with a side discharge. Can I put a regular blade on it to become a standard mower? Also, I understand it uses the same gas that goes in a weedeater. I need something to mow hills that I don't have to worry about the oil not lubricating the engine when on an incline.

vipermanz
04-09-2005, 05:29 AM
Most lawnboy machines have a tri-mode blade, bag mulch or discharge, i use the standard blade on mine for all 3 modes and it works great. It is a 2 cycle mower which means you will need to use a gas/oil mixture, if you are going to use a synthetic oil i strongly recommend amsoil products, if you are going to use a standard oil then use the lawnboy 2 cycle oil. these machines work great on hillsides and inclines aswell.
you won't be disapointed

joey

grass_cuttin_fool
04-09-2005, 07:21 AM
I will 2nd what vipermanz said

man of stihl
04-09-2005, 10:26 PM
great mowers.. and i got to say is AMSOIL. very little smoke and a lot less plug gunking that with the regular. plus u dont have that oil build up everywhere... im sure u wont be dissapointed with lawn boy products :D

LALawnboy
04-12-2005, 03:55 AM
i've got 2 lawnboys and they're perfect. like someone already said, i use the standard blade setup and it works great.

does anyone know where i can find more of the lawnboy 2-cycle oil? since everyone is going to 4 cycle mowers now, i can't find the lawnboy brand in stock for the 2-cycles anymore.