PDA

View Full Version : Doubling up on blades?

mad_wrestler
04-09-2005, 08:17 PM
I just put a mulch kit on my EXmark Lazer Z HP 48" 19 Hp Kawa. Can I put the stock blades on as well as the mulching blades? :confused:

traman
04-09-2005, 11:08 PM
yes you can but you will notice more blow out

sildoc
04-09-2005, 11:28 PM
yes you can but you will notice more blow out
That and some minor hp loss. I find that when I mulch that the gators or the low lifts are the best. It minimizes the mess to clean up from blowout and keeps the hp the same.

pcnservices
04-09-2005, 11:38 PM
I just put a mulch kit on my EXmark Lazer Z HP 48" 19 Hp Kawa. Can I put the stock blades on as well as the mulching blades? :confused:
Be aware of HP loss (especially on that 19 hp) and a lot of noise. When you double up on your blades I will recommend putting on a regular high lift set of blades with a low lift or a more flat type blade. This to me is less noisy and I can still maintain a good HP.
BTW, with double blades on I dont even use my mulch kit, I just put my side chute cover on.
PC

Envy Lawn Service
04-10-2005, 04:44 AM
PC,

You have a PM from me....

Likestomow
04-10-2005, 08:47 AM
I'd suggest double Gators... or a High Lift + a Flat blade on top.

mad_wrestler
04-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Hey envy, I didn't get your PM. Please try again. Thanks

Envy Lawn Service
04-10-2005, 05:29 PM
Hey envy, I didn't get your PM. Please try again. Thanks
I was referring to pcnservices.... sorry.

But anyways, just try the eXmark mulchers alone if you already have them with the kit. Personally I don't care for them though. For what I cut, they don't seem to create near enough lift. Or should I say they have their lift-to-down discharge ratio off on wavy design. Seems to me they blow down more than they lift.

I prefer highlifts sharpened to the center, like the Excalibur highlift solid foil blades.
Or Excalibur medium lift solid foil.
Or Husqvarna-Yazoo/Kees wavy mulchers (create more lift than eXmark)
*But expect to be waiting a few weeks for parts delivery on these blades*

Just depends on conditions....

mad_wrestler
04-10-2005, 05:52 PM
So I can just go in and ask for those blades mentioned and they will know what I am talking about? Great, thanks for the help. After doing a couple of lawns I was wondering if anyone else was dissatisfied with the blades that EXmark gives you in the mulching kit.

pcnservices
04-10-2005, 06:07 PM
PC,

You have a PM from me....
Thanks, I send a reply to you
PC