PDA

View Full Version : power brooms

lawnandplow42
04-09-2005, 11:15 PM
Hey guys.
what would be the better choice for general spring cleanup: A power paddle (trimmer style) or a power broom (walk behind). I know the ideal setup would be to have both (paddle for tight areas, and walk behind for open), but the finances are kind of tight, and I could really use one for cleanups. Which one does a better job on cleaning a lawn of sand, gravel, sticks, etc...?
So what would be the overall better choice?
Thanks, hope the season is going alright for everyone. :waving:
-dave

snowmizer
04-09-2005, 11:23 PM
just bought the attachment for my shin. (paddle style) and love it! took about 5 minutes to get used to it but man does it save time. is a little heavy after a day of using it, hope this helps you some

lawnandplow42
04-10-2005, 09:53 AM
,,thanks .

Spirit Lanwcare
04-10-2005, 09:55 AM
The Echo Pro Attachment Series has a rubber paddle broom and it works very well.

I have it and the power pruner attachment and use them both often.

Boycea
04-10-2005, 10:08 PM
I bought a shindaiwa power head and bought the power broom attachment. I don't know how I worked without it. It makes spring cleanups a lot easier. They work great getting the sand out of grass and other areas.

Gmgbo
04-10-2005, 10:17 PM
I have to echo attachment with a bristle broom. It gets every grain of sand and rocks out of the grass and is great on pavement. I made my money back with it in two days. Buy one. The walkbehind sweepers are hard to get the hang of.(for me at least)

Fareway Lawncare
04-10-2005, 10:20 PM
You Kids and Your Power Brooms...The Swath is too Small...There are Better Choices.

paponte
04-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Ive never used a stick power broom, but that sounds like it would take a heck of alot of time to do a lawn with one. We have a sweepster power broom attachment for and older hustler that we have. Power angles, and is strong as anything. Saves a bunch of time on large properties. :)

Gmgbo
04-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Ambitious young men like myself can run the brooms. payup

Itsgottobegreen
04-11-2005, 12:20 AM
I bought a echo broom this year. I can't get along with out it. I been finding ever excuse to used it. Works great on getting rid of gravel out of grass.

Runner
04-11-2005, 02:29 AM
They are the best things for removing gravel out of ditches, and such. Sure, there are other means that are larger and all, but that is a whole different application, altogether. These things are not designed to sweep a whole lawn. That is simply not what they are intended for. As far as the larger brooms for the fronts of mowers and such, they are not usable on ditches, tight areas, areas that require specific direction, etc..