PDA

View Full Version : Somebody knew we needed a shovel today

tjgray
04-10-2005, 02:55 AM
Our main sub-contractor asked my husband if he could dig up some shrubs in one of his customers beds today. Since my husband was going to be in the area doing a couple of our customers he said sure he could swing by and do it. Half way there and way across town he realizes that his shovel is in the back of my truck. Before he can get the first curse out of his mouth he looks to his left and spots a church garage sale.

The gentleman who sold him the lone shovel leaning against the church wall for $2.00 told him that it sure had been a popular item as he had already sold and had it returned about three times that day :)

lawncare3
04-10-2005, 04:22 AM
That's just dam lucky

sheshovel
04-10-2005, 04:43 AM
I don't leave home without it,my shovel and I are so symbiotic it's really scary,,,Sheshovel

lawnman_scott
04-10-2005, 07:30 AM
I don't leave home without it,my shovel and I are so symbiotic it's really scary,,,Sheshovel
Is that advise you got from Bobbygedd?

tx_angler
04-10-2005, 08:45 AM
I thought this was a BobbyGedd story - surprised me he didn't respond

Mo Green
04-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Just give it a little time. He always pops up when you least expect him.

Frontier-Lawn
04-10-2005, 10:26 AM
thats y i always keep a army shovel in the tool box in my truck bed........ you never know when u need one

Mark McC
04-10-2005, 10:27 AM
Tara, you probably know this already, but the hyperlink to your website delivers an error message saying that "the page cannot be displayed." Ditto when cutting and pasting the URL into a browser.

tjgray
04-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Shame on ya'll for putting bobbygedd and my luck in the same topic :blob3:

And thanks Mark I appreciate you letting me know the site was down.....it is kind folks like you that are the cause for it being down :)

Long story short I thought I was saving money and being smart by linking my one pager back to my free geo cities site. I knew there was a strip of ads that came up but I wasn't to bothered by them...that is until a couple of kind folks here let me know that one of the ads coming up was TruGreen......

Of course this led to it's current down status as it is in domain transfer and re-construction....it has kind of been a pita but it sure is looking pretty good too :)

Mark McC
04-10-2005, 02:04 PM
it is kind folks like you that are the cause for it being down :)

Aw, shucks, just trying to do my part! :rolleyes:

sheshovel
04-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Is that advise you got from Bobbygedd?

Lawnman you must be joking right?No I don't need advice on this,a good and smart landscaper never goes anywhere without his or her shovel,Unless it's on a date with the opposite sex then leave it at home but take your business cards!LOL :D :p