PDA

View Full Version : Seeding Question for Athletic Field

EDL
04-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Alright, heres a question, I have to put a bid on overseeding an Athletic Field. It is for a private highschool. The school does not have a sprinkler system and is looking to buy a rain tower. They have just come out of a financial crunch were maintanance was not an option. So here is my question what type of seed mix would you use? Since i do not expect watering to happen on a certian schedule.

northmichigan
04-10-2005, 09:32 PM
Alright, heres a question, I have to put a bid on overseeding an Athletic Field. It is for a private highschool. The school does not have a sprinkler system and is looking to buy a rain tower. They have just come out of a financial crunch were maintanance was not an option. So here is my question what type of seed mix would you use? Since i do not expect watering to happen on a certian schedule.
there is athletic field mix for high traffic usage. i have used it to great success with one inch of sifted topsoil and overseeding the whole field.if you aren't using a topsoil cover and only overseeding then you should use a quickly germinating mix that has perrennial rye.
mj