PDA

View Full Version : Thinking Of Getting Out???

woody007
04-10-2005, 02:01 PM
I've been thinking of selling-out for a while now and was just wanting to get some insight from you guys? About all I do is mowing and was wondering how you handle your clients lawns if you sell-out? Do they sell for any set price since the person you're selling-out to will now be in charge of them or how does this work? I really enjoy this type of work, but tired of all the part-time, making extra money lowballers in my area and with the gas prices the way they are it's really eating away at any profit I might be making. Thinking about getting into some other form of work??? Any help ya'll could give me or if any of ya'll have done the same thing, I would surely appreciate the advice.

Thanks
WOODY :help: :confused:

Kickin Your Grass
04-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Dont give up! Raise your prices.

Creative Lawn Care
04-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Woody
I know where you are coming from. If all goes as planned I will be selling out in August-September after 7 years fulltime. This is a fine business with a decent salary if done right. But I am growing tired of it and can see there are other ways to make as much or even alot more money with not as much physical energy. Also my kids are growing up and the 60-70 hour work weeks get old after you miss the 2nd or 3rd ball game. I plan to try and sell equipment and accounts seperate. Actually I am gonna keep about half my equipment for my personal use. The accounts I am gonna sell for one months revenue honestly I just want to get out and to hopefully get someone good in to take them over.

rob1325
04-10-2005, 05:25 PM
I am already planning to get out with in two years. I have something set up now and can't wait. My father started the business 42 years ago. He made more money on lawns in the 70's and 80's than he we do today, which is sad. There are places we had for up to 25 years and people come in almost half of what we charge. You can not make the big money like years past or grow into huge company unless you play the lowball game. I just holding out for the next two years and I will be selling out.

lawnworker
04-26-2005, 04:09 PM
I to have thought of selling. Why do mowing businesses sell for so cheap? I would hope for 1/2 a years revenue on customer list.

MMLawn
04-26-2005, 04:24 PM
Woody
I know where you are coming from. If all goes as planned I will be selling out in August-September after 7 years fulltime. This is a fine business with a decent salary if done right. But I am growing tired of it and can see there are other ways to make as much or even alot more money with not as much physical energy. Also my kids are growing up and the 60-70 hour work weeks get old after you miss the 2nd or 3rd ball game. I plan to try and sell equipment and accounts seperate. Actually I am gonna keep about half my equipment for my personal use. The accounts I am gonna sell for one months revenue honestly I just want to get out and to hopefully get someone good in to take them over.

If the accounts are on contract let me know when you get ready to sell.