PDA

View Full Version : the reason i canceled the last guy.......

bobbygedd
04-10-2005, 04:30 PM
i did an estimate for maint on a referrel this morning. she told me, "the reason i cancelled the last guy, is because he charged me for a fall leaf cleanup, then he came again in spring, and cleaned up again, AND TRIED TO CHARGE ME FOR A SPRING CLEANUP!" she thought this was rediculous. another funny thing she mentioned, she goes, "and don't worry if i fall 2-3 months behind in payments, it's no problem for ME if i have to catch up later and pay a few months at a time." :dizzy: :dizzy: :nono: i said, "well, it IS a problem for me. in fact, i'll take a month in advance, so we can be sure this doesn't happen." i love doing FREE spring estimates, i meet all kinds

Fantasy Lawns
04-10-2005, 04:52 PM
You went out on a Sunday to do an estimate??

WhohasHelios?
04-10-2005, 05:19 PM
If going to a customers house on a Sunday morning doesn't classify you as a scrub I dont know what does!

:p :p :p

Just kidding... So did you tell her that YOU were going to charge for every clean up performed as well??

Mo Green
04-10-2005, 05:30 PM
I would think a high class lawn king such as yourself wouldn't have to go out on a sunday. If your so busy, why even bother with someone like this?

T Edwards
04-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Mo Green, you may be right............BTW, how the heck did you post 1,218 messages in just the past 7 months?

Mo Green
04-10-2005, 06:18 PM
I sent way too much time on here during the winter. I think I'm just a hopeless Lawnsite Addict. :dizzy:

rodfather
04-10-2005, 06:19 PM
I do plenty of estimates on Sunday. Many times, that is the only time my prospects can see me and is most convenient to them. This way, I get to meet both the husband and the wife. How does making Sunday estimates make you a scrub I would like to know?

Davis Lawn Mowing, LLC
04-10-2005, 06:19 PM
I was making a joke Rod. I was just razzing Mr Gedd and his outlandish stories. I actually heard the jean jacket Bon Jovi bit on the Daily Show last week and it seemed fitting with Mr Booby Gedd and his whacked out story telling.

Mo Green
04-10-2005, 06:21 PM
I do plenty of estimates on Sunday. Many times, that is the only time my prospects can see me and is most convenient to them. This way, I get to meet both the husband and the wife. How does making Sunday estimates make you a scrub I would like to know?
It doesn't make you a scrub, in my opinion. I do them on sundays sometimes, too. I am just ragging booby a little.

bobbygedd
04-10-2005, 06:43 PM
not only did i do an estimate, i also removed some dead shrubs and prepped for new ones to go in during the week. why wouldn't i work sundays? i'd rather have off tuesdays and wednesdays than sundays and saturday. you see, ON THE WEEKENDS, while you lowlives are standing in long lines, driving in weekend traffic, waiting outside a resturaunt for your name to be called, dealing with weekend crowds (aka, "the weekend warrior")....i'm working. now, while you losers are working tuesdays and wednesdays, i'm off, enjoying things like fishing, dining out, movies, the beach, etc WITHOUT the weekend crowd! you people are commoners, nothing more than part of the herd. how do you feel while you're standing outside a resturaunt with the rest of the herd waiting to be seated? i'll tell you how you LOOK, you look STUPID!

Fantasy Lawns
04-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Ha .... that's too funny .... I get too do those things 7 days a week .... while my crews are out mowing

bobbygedd
04-10-2005, 07:21 PM
well that's good, i like to see a man enjoy his life

rodfather
04-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Sorry, but garage bands and one-hit-wonders don't count....wasn't Madonna from Detroit?

Davis Lawn Mowing, LLC
04-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Yes she sure was.

The C Man
04-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Yes she sure was.
She still is, she's not dead yet. :p

nobagger
04-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Easy now CHEEKA! I've done both estimates and work on Sunday's, when I first started. But now its a day of R&R, family all of those good things. I don't know you personally but you seem you would be a real treat to work with. In fact I think I would (if you were to mow my lawn) purposely through tiny little jumping jacks into the lawn just in hopes that one sticks in your skinny little white chicken leg! :waving:

Jeff@SGLC.ca
04-10-2005, 09:29 PM
I'd rather go out and quote on weekends then work past 5 or 6 pm on the week-days giving quotes after a long day worth of work. You can come refreshed, relaxed and clean lol. I dropped contracts off this weekend to get signed and also passed the company I contract for out doing landscape estimates. It's a busy time of year you know.

crzymow
04-10-2005, 09:59 PM
heck i work 7 days a week, have to make money when the sun is shinin

nobagger
04-10-2005, 10:07 PM
heck i work 7 days a week, have to make money when the sun is shinin
Hey MO, doing any good this year? We lost out on 3 Speigle properties, I thought we were low enough but I guess not.

lawnandplow42
04-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Mo Green, you may be right............BTW, how the heck did you post 1,218 messages in just the past 7 months?

its easy if you love this site like i do :)

pjslawncare/landscap
04-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Weekends are for 4 wheelin, dune buggyin, fishin, ridin, car showin, boatin and campin wit my boys just like the rest of the herd

RICHIE K
04-10-2005, 11:07 PM
We work on Sundays 1/2 a day we do some of our commercial accounts so i dont have pita's in my way :cool:

Richie K

www.kulakandcompany.com :blob3:

proenterprises
04-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
not only did i do an estimate, i also removed some dead shrubs and prepped for new ones to go in during the week. why wouldn't i work sundays? i'd rather have off tuesdays and wednesdays than sundays and saturday. you see, ON THE WEEKENDS, while you lowlives are standing in long lines, driving in weekend traffic, waiting outside a resturaunt for your name to be called, dealing with weekend crowds (aka, "the weekend warrior")....i'm working. now, while you losers are working tuesdays and wednesdays, i'm off, enjoying things like fishing, dining out, movies, the beach, etc WITHOUT the weekend crowd! you people are commoners, nothing more than part of the herd. how do you feel while you're standing outside a resturaunt with the rest of the herd waiting to be seated? i'll tell you how you LOOK, you look STUPID!

So Bobby, if your working on the weekends, I guess you too are the "loser" who is in weekend traffic, unless your flying on that red hawk to all your acccounts.