PDA

View Full Version : What I hate about homeowners with mowers

Eddie B
04-10-2005, 07:21 PM
I hate homeowners who make lawn mowing a huge process when it doesn't have to be! They casually push their little 21" mower across their half acre lot, then pull out the little electric trimmer, and they spend AT LEAST 2 hours doing all this! I see this all the time, with my old neighborhood and the one i'm in now. They need to either buy a larger mower, or hire ME! The guy next door had just whipped out the electric trimmer after an hour and a half of mowing, and I went out and mowed our lot, mowed AND trimmed, and he was still farting around with his little electric toy. I HATE THIS!

Mo Green
04-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Some people actually enjoy spending their day pushing their 21s and using electric trimmers. It's stress relief for them.

KINGjosh
04-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Or how about that guy who weedwacks his whole yard with the electric whipper.

i_plant_art
04-10-2005, 07:35 PM
i agree it makes me mad as well to see all the neighbors out doing this but like mo green said its stress relief for them ... after spending all week in an office and being yelled and bitched at by everyone one under the sun i think i might even enjoy spending 1.5 hours of pushing a mower around once a week...... LOL i could agree more it frustrates me and gives me humor to watch them sweat it up .... i can mow, edge, and trim our yard all in the time it takes the neightbor to trim.... life is too good..... LOL

Eddie B
04-10-2005, 07:42 PM
I must cut too much grass to see it as stress relief. LOL

DFW Area Landscaper
04-10-2005, 07:50 PM
The home owners who say they enjoy lawn work are just out and out liars. Truth is, they don't want our bill and that's the ONLY reason they're out sweating on their lawns with over priced home owner sprays from Lowe's and Home Depot.

If they were to win free lawn service for a month from a drawing at work, or something like that, I guarantee there's not a red blooded american alive who wouldn't accept it.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

Woody82986
04-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Yor guarantee is wrong. I have tried and tried to get my grandfather to let me take over his lawn maintenance free of cost and he wont let me because he takes too much prid in doing it himself. He loves being outside working in the yard.

traman
04-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Some people actually enjoy spending their day pushing their 21s and using electric trimmers. It's stress relief for them.
thats true and dont forget the honey due list ,thats why there outside all day so they dont have to listen about the list. sorry honey ,i have to cut the lawn, you know it takes me all day ha ha ha

nobagger
04-10-2005, 08:07 PM
If anything this helps us! I had a guy approach me last year just after he moved into this huge house on at least 3/4 of an acre yard. after about 3 weeks, he finally gave it up. He saw me doing his neighbor's lawn and finished by the time he was just getting done with the front of his yard. Landed the rest of the season from him. He's getting a rider he says this year. I'll still be done long before he is, LOL LOL LOL. payup

lawncare4u
04-10-2005, 10:10 PM
Some guys really enjoy cutting their grass,,,,its their way of geting away from a naging wife or (girlfrien) who has a honey do list a mile long!Sometimes I cut mine 3 or 4 times before I quit.. :) :) :)

lawnandplow42
04-10-2005, 10:14 PM
The home owners who say they enjoy lawn work are just out and out liars. Truth is, they don't want our bill and that's the ONLY reason they're out sweating on their lawns with over priced home owner sprays from Lowe's and Home Depot.

If they were to win free lawn service for a month from a drawing at work, or something like that, I guarantee there's not a red blooded american alive who wouldn't accept it.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

not true man, not true

i have an uncle who will spend the hole freakin day if he could working on his lawn. He loves it. Same with my dad.

Mo Green
04-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Some homeowner take great pride in their lawns, and will spend hours attending to them.

crzymow
04-10-2005, 10:35 PM
heck when i use to work at an inside job, i loved mowing lawn. after being cooped up all week inside, its nice to get outside and get some exercise.

Mark McC
04-10-2005, 10:52 PM
Since when is it any of our damned business why a homeowner mows his or her own lawn? Please, get a life!

Mo Green
04-10-2005, 10:53 PM
Since when is it any of our damned business why a homeowner mows his or her own lawn? Please, get a life!
Some people have nothing better to b!tch about. :dizzy:

woodycrest
04-10-2005, 11:35 PM

ditto that!
getting 'frustrated' and 'mad' because a homeowner mows his own lawn????????... :rolleyes: ...

HOOLIE
04-10-2005, 11:55 PM
I get business from these types, usually the wife doesn't appreciate that her husband takes 6 hours each Saturday to maintain the lawn. That's 6 hours they can spend dragging their husband around town looking for a deal on mini-blinds or whatever else it may be that floats their boat.

Really, a lot of people do enjoy yardwork. For a lot of folks its the only time they get to spend outdoors. If you only had to maintain your own lawn, you probably wouldn't sink a lot of money into the equipment either.

Todd's lawncare
04-10-2005, 11:59 PM
thats true and dont forget the honey due list ,thats why there outside all day so they dont have to listen about the list. sorry honey ,i have to cut the lawn, you know it takes me all day ha ha ha
You dont have to care for the lawn every day. Well sure i do as long as that honey do list is still around!!!

Todd's lawncare
04-11-2005, 12:04 AM
We made a life out of cutting grass you don't do it for the money you do it for the love and the pride in it. The money is a bonus for doing what you love !! AT least thats how i see it .!!!

Jeff@SGLC.ca
04-11-2005, 12:11 AM
I thought this was going to be one of those I'd like you to cut my grass but use my mower threads.

coastallandscapesolutions
04-11-2005, 12:21 AM
I hate homeowners who make lawn mowing a huge process when it doesn't have to be! They casually push their little 21" mower across their half acre lot, then pull out the little electric trimmer, and they spend AT LEAST 2 hours doing all this! I see this all the time, with my old neighborhood and the one i'm in now. They need to either buy a larger mower, or hire ME! The guy next door had just whipped out the electric trimmer after an hour and a half of mowing, and I went out and mowed our lot, mowed AND trimmed, and he was still farting around with his little electric toy. I HATE THIS!

Had a neighbor of one our accounts a few years ago cutting 1.2 acres with his Murry come over to our customer to complain that we weren't fast enough, etc. etc. and that our customer should get someone else to do our clients yard. Neighbor said he could cut our clients 2 acres in 2 hours.

We had just pulled up and I thought I would have some fun. I called two of the other crews that were in the area and had them show up. Back then we had Dixie Choppers. I put 6 Flatlanders on the lawn and we left 21 minutes later trimmed and all. Our customer got a laugh out of it all. The neighbor just stood there in disbelief.

I looked at the neighbor and told him to have a nice day.