PDA

View Full Version : Coulter Wheel Type Edgers that attach to ztr's

Tonyr
04-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Any of you blokes ever seen or owned a coulter disc edger as like a Steven's brand that attaches onto Walker ZTR's?

Just after your feedback as to their performance, pros and cons...

Tonyr
04-10-2005, 08:32 PM
here is a pic I got from the Walker company web site in case yas aren't sure what I'm raving about.

I'm not interested in the mower, only want opinions, feedback on the edger, it is for new estates management, looking for a way to reduce hired labour and make huge jobs easier.

lawncare4u
04-10-2005, 08:48 PM
Why not just get a good walkbehind edger,like a Mclane,unless you have long areas of curbing!

Tonyr
04-10-2005, 09:10 PM
It is for maintenance of curbs and paths in new estates....each section I have approx 12 kilometres to do, plus mowing.
plus my other work...

I allowed in the tender to subby this trimming out, but at $600 per day/ 2 people if I supply gear, it quickly becomes viable to buy something I can fit onto the ZTR and do myself, more bucks in my pocket, and don't have to rely on others as much.

Dunno...some blokes are happy to hang off edgers and trimmers all day, several days a week, burning up expensive feul, going through trim line as fast as, but I see a disc theory as time saving, resourse saving, energy saving. Obviously running trimmers is noisy too, so low noise just off an idling ZTR is favourable.

12 kilometres....buggered if I'm gunna stand out in the aussie heat trimming that much, square edge required to. and saving subby wages has to be a good thing.

this edger is not for residential use, it is for use in new residential estates, 400 homes in each, apparently there are to be 19 such estates in this are by same developer.

people just moving into new homes don't want to hear us all day.

maybe I'm just lazy, but I'm into finding the easiest way to get a job done, even if buying new gear is needed, rather than flog yaself and ya gear to bits.

DanG
04-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Some of the older hustlers have a set up like that. My brother in law has one that fits on a 251 or 260 series hustler. I've meant to get it from him sometime and see how it does.
Dan

hole in one lco
04-10-2005, 09:59 PM
they work very good and do a nice job on bed edging

Tonyr
04-10-2005, 10:09 PM
thanks guys, appreciate your feedback.