PDA

View Full Version : The Big fall for the solo guy!

Green Quality
04-11-2005, 01:41 AM
well It' happend at the end of the day. dumping debris at the city waste dump,as I was dragging the tarp,i could not see the edge of the wall, and I fell my left leg on the inner thigh cought on something on the way down ripped wide open,went to the hosp, and got nine staples,and they trimmed away some of the fat that was hanging,well what did I learn.not to work on a sunday,one day I should hire, and sit back on the side line.At least I was smart ,I have insurance! now I will bit the snake that bit me .for the next two weeks,I won't be as fast,but I will finish ,I can't quit, i'm just going to take it slow and one day at a time.I;m happy to see my little girl and wife today! Thank you Lord!

1MajorTom
04-11-2005, 01:44 AM
Sorry to hear that. Hope your recovery is a quick and painless one.
Good luck,

IMoLwnz.com
04-11-2005, 02:06 AM
I over treaded my ankle around thanks giving last year and just made a list of all the things that HAD to get done for the holiday... The Docs scared me into taking the next day off and were saying that I would have to have sergery..... but it ended up being ok... still bothers me today but I ended up taking it easy for 4 days and was in an air cast for over a month to keep it supported... It tough being the one to do the work and you get hurt, I got so mad that it happend..

getting hurt now isnt a good time but i hope it all work out for you!!

impactlandscaping
04-11-2005, 08:58 AM
Glad to hear you're relatively OK. The wall at our local dump drops about 25' into the disposal containers...scary.Hope you have a speedy recovery, and take all of your antibiotics!! Ready for drive in time at Brownsville? lol..I know I am..take care

Equipguy
04-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Man that sounds nasty. Hope you get well soon.

LawnScapers of Dayton
04-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Take the time to heal up right......good luck...

Derek

proenterprises
04-11-2005, 02:58 PM
Hope you have a speedy and painless recover. Work safe, good luck.

loborojo338
04-11-2005, 03:08 PM
Sorry to hear about your injury. Hope you get better soon. Good luck from way down here in Florida. :angel:

tjgray
04-11-2005, 04:29 PM
Ouch that sucks :(

Ditto on the speedy recovery sentiments.

MJhnson Lawn
04-11-2005, 04:43 PM
Hope you feel better soon and give the Lord some of your time on Sunday.

Cut
04-11-2005, 08:38 PM
But now you will be doing twice the work, now that you have pain pills!

Mark McC
04-11-2005, 08:42 PM
Take care, everyone. God, it scares me to read things like this. This is the reason I won't be a solo op a day longer than I absolutely have to be.

Jpocket
04-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Next season i plan to add about 30 new accounts, and hire a full time employee.

fairwayCuts
04-11-2005, 10:59 PM
soory to hear about the news. Stay positive and things will be alright. good luck! :angel:

stumper1620
04-11-2005, 11:11 PM
Take care, everyone. God, it scares me to read things like this. This is the reason I won't be a solo op a day longer than I absolutely have to be.
Dittos :waving:

cantoo
04-11-2005, 11:19 PM
I know how you feel, I pulled a muscle in my right arm last fall. It's still very sore and is not healing at all, it seems like every day I forget about it and repull it. My wife does most of the work anyway but it's very annoying when I can hardly lift my arm some days. I have a full time job that I was considering quitting however until I heal I will be staying. Right now we are doing a lot of lawn sweeping so it's not real hard on my arm driving the JD but the real work is coming up soon enough.

The LawnSmith
04-11-2005, 11:24 PM
May you have a speedy recovery.

The Captain
04-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Prayers for a quick, complete recovery my freind. I'm sure you thanked the good doctors at the hospital, and I'm very happy you thanked the good Lord. He, thankfully, watches over guys like us.

Jim

GrassBustersLawn
04-11-2005, 11:50 PM
Get well soon.

Glad you had insurance to help offset some of the loss!

2 years ago, one of my workers got hurt seriously and was out of work for 2 months, while working on a ladder at his house. I know that I would be out of business if I were off that long. So I made a note to TURN DOWN any job that is even remotely dangerous. We don't do anything on ladders. If we can't do it from the ground, we turn it down. Properties that have steep hills we TURN DOWN. IT IS NOT WORTH THE RISK. Everyone should keep that in mind when taking a job! The amount of money you might collect isn't nearly worth the risk of not making it home to the wife & kids at the end of the day!

Mike

tinman
04-12-2005, 12:04 AM
Get well soon bro........dumps must be dangerous...I slightly pulled a muscle walking up the ramp on my box truck when I reached for the other side gate & it started falling....one of the convicts had pulled the pin ;) & I did not want the gate to crush anyone :)

Envy Lawn Service
04-12-2005, 02:03 AM
Injury is hard on the solo guy. Been there, F'd my back up, not even related to my business. That STILL sucks, but I can't complain much. I was totally out of commission for a while.

Glad you had the insurance too!

mmacsek
04-12-2005, 08:04 AM
I over treaded my ankle around thanks giving last year and just made a list of all the things that HAD to get done for the holiday... The Docs scared me into taking the next day off and were saying that I would have to have sergery..... but it ended up being ok... still bothers me today but I ended up taking it easy for 4 days and was in an air cast for over a month to keep it supported... It tough being the one to do the work and you get hurt, I got so mad that it happend..

getting hurt now isnt a good time but i hope it all work out for you!!
Where are you located in the LV and what areas do you service? Matt