View Full Version : I can't find this doing a search cause i don't know what's it's called?

04-11-2005, 04:35 PM
I'm looking for those plastic squares you put on the grass (permanent) that has smaller open squares in it to allow grass to grow through it. I think they are 2'x2'. You put them down and grass grows over them and you don't know they're there. The purpose is to keep the lawn from getting damaged from parking, etc.

I have a strip along side my driveway that we park on and when it rains it gets muddy and we tear up the grass on this side. We have one of those long drive ways and we have 4 SUV's, 1 pick-up + 1 trailer.

I was thinking of making the drive way wider but I will be lining each end with Belgium block and we like the look of the grass on both ends. If any one knows what they are called you can just give me the proper name and I'll do a search.

04-11-2005, 04:38 PM
Not sure what the plastic things are called, but it would be considered softscaping. You can do a search on this and they might come up.

04-11-2005, 04:44 PM
I think your looking for the thing called Zoysia Plugs. Something like that. Their plugs that you put in your lawn that gives you sod results. - Peter

04-11-2005, 04:52 PM
No these are like 2'x2' plastic squares within the 2'x2' square there are something like 2"x2" cut outs. You put them in the ground level to the dirt and the existing grass grows through them. Since you level them you could walk on the grass and not even realize they are there. You could drive over them while it's raining and you won't do any damage to the turf. I've seem commercials for them and I think i've even seen them in an old Turf mag ad but now can't find them.

04-11-2005, 05:02 PM
EP Henery makes a paver called eco paver similar to what you are looking for.

04-11-2005, 06:32 PM

I searched the web for grass paing and got lots of hits. :blob3:

Eddie B
04-11-2005, 06:40 PM
kinda like this? These are called versa-mats and measure 1'x1'

04-11-2005, 10:28 PM

something like this i think


04-12-2005, 01:21 AM
I think I am going to order some of that stuff that morturf showed. That stuff is sweet. That would be good for parking the trailer on instead of the driveway.

04-12-2005, 03:34 AM
What does that stuff run per sqft? Probably pretty spendy..

Eddie B
04-12-2005, 05:13 AM
What does that stuff run per sqft? Probably pretty spendy..

its about $3-$4

04-12-2005, 11:56 AM
its about $3-$4
ouch that really hurts. I can get cement for that price.

04-12-2005, 04:24 PM
Its actuall designd to be put around large office building so the fire trucks have close access. ocne you put a stone base and sant and soil, the grass does not do real good... but looks beter than asphalt up to the building...

Eddie B
04-12-2005, 08:40 PM
The state of Delaware actually uses these on parts of the grass medians along the highway where cops sit and wait to pull someone over.

04-13-2005, 02:12 AM
they are using the grid on parking lots at places where they have parking periodically like at a stadium or at a flee market. It allows them to get around city and county codes because they are not producing any more water runoff them a normal field, so they get around sewers and retention ponds which saves them tones or money over a paved surface.

04-13-2005, 03:46 PM
Thats basicaly what I'm looking for but dam those prices seem pretty high... If i go with this i will post pics of the progress and outcome.