PDA

View Full Version : John Deere Quik-Trak striping kit ??

Lawnchoice
04-11-2005, 09:39 PM
I purchased a Deere Quik-Trak 657A 7Iron the other day.

Does anyone know if you can get a striping kit from Deere directly? What about other companies, do they make one?

I know the other ride on mowers from Deere have them available so it would really be a deck clearance issue if it didn't fit on the Quik-Trak.

Thanks -

coastallandscapesolutions
04-11-2005, 09:42 PM
I purchased a Deere Quik-Trak 657A 7Iron the other day.

Does anyone know if you can get a striping kit from Deere directly? What about other companies, do they make one?

I know the other ride on mowers from Deere have them available so it would really be a deck clearance issue if it didn't fit on the Quik-Trak.

Thanks -

I use a chain system like what Dixie Chopper sells only made it myself.

Lawnchoice
04-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Thought of that too. Quite a bit cheaper and it probably doesn't hang up on everythiing.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
04-12-2005, 01:12 AM
I know JD sells them for the Z-Trak series with the 7IRONs. However on the quik traks there isnt a whole lot of room between the rear wheel and the back of the deck. With the back anti-scalp wheels and the deck pivot arms it makes it really hard to fit a roller. So im not sure they make them for the quik traks. You might have a better chance of making a chain striping kit and mount it to the back support bar behind the operator's platform.

CoastalGreenscapes, do you have your chain stripe kit on a quik trak or on a z trak? Got any pictures?

I thought of making one, but havent looked to close yet as to where to mount it or how to make it.

FLD
04-12-2005, 07:04 AM
If you make one make sure the chain that you use doesn't fit through tha expanded metal on your gate. Years back when we bought our first Chopper I stopped on the ramps of our truck to talk to someone and when I started to back the rest of the way of the chains had dropped into the expanded metal and i almost fliped over - well mabe not but it sure felt like it.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
04-13-2005, 08:31 PM
CoastalGreenscapes?

FLD
04-14-2005, 05:49 AM
The chains donot have to be between the deck and the tires. On the dixie they are between the tires. We use proslides and the work the same way, between the tires , and they give the best stripe. How do you like your quick track? We bought a super surfer when they first came out , it was a piece of crap, and it doesn't look like JD has changrd much.