PDA

View Full Version : "Do I Get a Gas-Surcharge?"

HOOLIE
04-12-2005, 12:49 AM
One of my customers, Mr. Smith (his real name actually) asked me today if there was going to be a gas surcharge. So I said "I dunno, maybe, why, do you want one?"

"Well, gas is getting up there...charge me another 5 bucks a month or something..."

"Sounds good to me..."

"Well, alright then, I'll look for it on my bill"

"Oh, it'll be there, alright..."

Always nice when a customer tries to help out.

imalandscper
04-12-2005, 12:52 AM
I have been putting them on all the estimates i have been sending out....they range in value depending on if i am hauling in and out or just a one time pull in work and pull out. You have to now...gas is expected at 2.50per gallon here in jully

Itsgottobegreen
04-12-2005, 01:09 AM
My contracts say "contractor reserves the right to add a fuel surcharge fee"

If gas gets over $3 a gallon I will be adding it. But I raised everyone's prices this year to cover the increase of fuel over the last 2 years.

Wesley's Lawn
04-12-2005, 06:07 AM
I had the same thing happen the other day, went to talk to one of commerical property managers and he said well hows an extra 25 bucks a cut sound. :D :cool2: So that worked out pretty nice. Im probing going to be adding a fuel surcharge just dont know how much yet.

LawnScapers of Dayton
04-12-2005, 07:50 AM
Mine reads that if 93 Octane is over $2.19 then 5% gets added to everything. I do this on a week by week basis. Last year it happened 5-6 times. This year it may very well be every week.

Derek

rodfather
04-12-2005, 08:02 AM
We are adding a 5% fuel surcharge increase this year, but no increase in the cost to mow.

MarcSmith
04-12-2005, 09:32 AM
I don't get it...why not just up the price X% to cover the fuel price increase and be done with it....Fuel isn't going drop...I look at a fuel charge as somewhat gimicky....Fuel is a major component in all business. When I go to the grocery store I don't see an electrcity or gas charge on my reciept, I just see that a pound of beef is 25 cents higher or a gallon of milk cost 10 cents more....

I realize that the average homeowners who shops by price and anything we can do to keep prices in line is key, but we can't ignore the fact the the cost of doing business is going up and its time to pass it along the customer with higher prices, not surcharges....

Just my .02 cents....well actually its .05 with a fuel surcharge

lawnandplow42
04-12-2005, 05:49 PM
wow, i hope you were thankful. Its veryy nice to see a customer wanting to help like that

KINGjosh
04-12-2005, 05:58 PM
I will be adding a gas surcharge to all my customers next go around. This gas sh!t is crazy.

Bull
04-17-2005, 03:11 AM
I am currently charging 5% as I did last year. If it goes over $2.34 per gallon then I go up to 7% and anything over $2.50 gets 10%. All of my customers know it and everyone seems to understand.