PDA

View Full Version : Articulating hedge trimmers -- worth buying?

naturescape
04-12-2005, 09:22 AM
For you people out there with articulating hedge trimmers -- do you like them? I have the Tanaka hedgetrimmers, I think 18", but I am interested in the a.h.t. for taller hedges and shrubs. Are they hard to use?

Premo Services
04-12-2005, 10:07 AM
For you people out there with articulating hedge trimmers -- do you like them? I have the Tanaka hedgetrimmers, I think 18", but I am interested in the a.h.t. for taller hedges and shrubs. Are they hard to use?

I have the attachment articulating hedge trimmer for my stihl trimmer and they work well. It makes the tall bushes a breeze to trim. Gets the job done quicker and that means more money in my pocket. payup payup I have had mine for about 3 years now and it was a good purchase for me. :waving:

BigMike
04-12-2005, 10:12 AM

I have the Echo articulating hedge clippers...and, I wouldn't buy or replace this one with non-articulating ones. Spend the extra money! Why? When using the articulating hedge clippers, I'll bet that I keep the angle constant for approximately 85% of the time...now, the other 15% is the kicker. The ability to vary the angle of a very long tool is paramount. You just need that certain angle sometimes...can't really say it better than that; except, that you'll use less tools to complete jobs.

PMLAWN
04-13-2005, 05:22 AM
We could not do all the jobs that we do with put them.
YES they are.
I have the Stihl combi set up with the extra extension pole and it's great. A bit heavy but we can switch to the smaller ones for a while if the arms get too tired.

bobbygedd
04-13-2005, 06:10 AM
i wouldn't leave home without them.

rodfather
04-13-2005, 06:16 AM
They're a godsend when you need them.

YardPro
04-13-2005, 07:34 AM
we have the ecco. they are a necessary tool for us.

naturescape
04-13-2005, 08:30 AM
Thanks guys, sounds like I'll have to buy one!

Tanaka
04-13-2005, 07:34 PM
Ray-
Since you probably already have a Tanaka trimmer, all you need to buy is the Tanaka TPH-210 articulating hedge trimmer attachment.

http://www.tanaka-usa.com/index.php?d=3&b=021

-MW

Fareway Lawncare
04-13-2005, 07:42 PM
They're Used in Straight Configuration 99% of the Time....The Fold is Nice on the Long Pole Articulators for Transport & Storage.