PDA

View Full Version : Need advise on what tool to use for a large edge creation job.

mikestr
04-12-2005, 12:10 PM
I pretty reasonable size job coming up for a clean up and trimming etc etc... and etc. He also wants to redefine the edges that have been ignored for years on ALL the beds... He wants the natural look. He has about 8-10 beds measuring approx. 1600sf in total bed area... all different shapes/sizes and a few long straight lines for 40 plus feet.

Should I use a regular edge strick trimmer or rent a large unit for this one?? Will the stick edger do the job correctly and efficiently?

ztoro
04-12-2005, 05:02 PM
I pretty reasonable size job coming up for a clean up and trimming etc etc... and etc. He also wants to redefine the edges that have been ignored for years on ALL the beds... He wants the natural look. He has about 8-10 beds measuring approx. 1600sf in total bed area... all different shapes/sizes and a few long straight lines for 40 plus feet.

Should I use a regular edge strick trimmer or rent a large unit for this one?? Will the stick edger do the job correctly and efficiently?

rent a bed edger to redifine the edges... stick edges are ok to clean up but I dont think they give you half a clean a look as a bed edger...