PDA

View Full Version : Pulled a Bobby!!!

chimmygew
04-12-2005, 12:29 PM
Had a couple non pays from last year and took 'em to small claims. Won both plus late fees and court costs. You should have heard them bitchin to the judge and making up damage to their property that never happened. Judge saw right through them and awarded me the full amount. Thanks Bobby....

marko
04-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Way to go. Cut the non payers NO slack!

packerbacker
04-12-2005, 04:07 PM
So you got a judgement? Those are fairly easy to get. Now comes get the hard part. Actually getting the payment.

SodKing
04-12-2005, 04:46 PM
Had a couple non pays from last year and took 'em to small claims. Won both plus late fees and court costs. You should have heard them bitchin to the judge and making up damage to their property that never happened. Judge saw right through them and awarded me the full amount. Thanks Bobby....

I think bobby may invite you to the front of the bus...

bobbygedd
04-12-2005, 05:02 PM
i'm so proud....tell you what, smack one of them around, i may just let you STEER the bus

Mo Green
04-12-2005, 05:37 PM
So you got a judgement? Those are fairly easy to get. Now comes get the hard part. Actually getting the payment.
That's a fact. It's now your responsibility to collect, and even more hassle.

bobbygedd
04-12-2005, 05:44 PM
That's a fact. It's now your responsibility to collect, and even more hassle.
and this is why i stress criminal court, and not small claims

Turfdude
04-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Its tough if not impossible to sue for "theft of service". This is mainly intended for larger utility companies. As far as collecting from small claims, in NJ, you take your docket to the local sherrif's dept, they go to the defendant's home, inventory their posessions and will give 30 days to pay debt, or belongings get repossessed and sold to pay off debt. Good luck.

chimmygew
04-12-2005, 07:45 PM
One guy set up payments of $20.00 month. The other lady has to have me paid in full by June 1st. I was gonna let 'em slide, but I said to myself, "what would Bobby do?" Then I read some of his old posts and followed in his footsteps. Aside from all the negative bash 'em in the skull with a shovel stories, Bobby could be considered a pioneer on this site.

bobbygedd
04-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Its tough if not impossible to sue for "theft of service". This is mainly intended for larger utility companies. As far as collecting from small claims, in NJ, you take your docket to the local sherrif's dept, they go to the defendant's home, inventory their posessions and will give 30 days to pay debt, or belongings get repossessed and sold to pay off debt. Good luck.
don't listen to him, he is a fountain of misinformation. i've personally taken many people to court for CRIMINAL THEFT, and have collected every single time plus outrageous late fees and court appearance fees. you have to know exactly how to handle it. screw small claims, screw the lean, take them to criminal court, file the complaint as a criminal theft

paponte
04-12-2005, 08:09 PM
Gota do whatcha gotta due. I just sent 3 people to collection. They have 30 days to respond then we mark up their credit. Screw me, and I WILL screw you back. :p

SodKing
04-12-2005, 08:12 PM
I have to agree with booby in this case. Where he knowingly deceived you, it appears to be theft.

chimmygew
04-12-2005, 08:19 PM
I didn't know you could file theft of service charges. How do you go about taking that to court?

bobbygedd
04-13-2005, 06:35 AM
I didn't know you could file theft of service charges. How do you go about taking that to court?
DON'T CALL IT THEFT OF SERVICE. ok, simple, i first call the client twice documenting the time and conversation. then, i send two bills, one certified, one standard mail, with it is a note explaining the late fees, court costs, etc. when they fail to respond, wait at least 10 days. then, to the cop shop, wording complaint in the following manner: " mr. smith requested service from my company xyz landscaping. the terms of payment were made very clear as is evident (signed contract enclosed). the work was completed as agreed upon, mr smith showed satisfaction. then, it seemed as though mr smith was trying to get me to do alot of extra work, that was not agreed upon in our arrangement. when i told him i needed time to plan/schedule these extra projects, mr smith became violent, and verbally abusive, i became in fear for my safety. at that point i was reluctant , and put the extra work off, pending payment on our original agreement. mr smith failed to honor our original agreement, and would not return my phone calls, or respond to my mail (enclosed please find certified mail). i have made numerous attempts to contact him by phone, and mail, and he simply ignores me. at this point, i believe whole heartedly that mr smith, from the beginning, fully intended to steal my services. i ask that the court recover my fees, late fees, court costs, and all other costs/expenses involved. i ask that mr smith be tried as a criminal. thank you." NOW, in my last visit to court, the client paid the night before, scared ****less. when we went before the judge, he asked what the status was. i told him the bill had been satisfied. he then asked me, if i would like to proceed and press criminal charges against the lady. i just couldn't do it, she was about 75 yrs old, and i kept thinking of my grandmother. i said " no your honor, i'd like all charges dropped." this is the only route i will ever go to collect. it HAS NEVER FAILED ME. i spend tops 2-3 in court. no small claims, no lien(what if i die before they sell?)

LawnJohn
04-13-2005, 08:30 AM
Sounds like a winner to me.