PDA

View Full Version : 1969 John Deere 140

Smalltimer1
04-13-2005, 12:24 AM
Well I have determined that I need to consolidate what I have in order to prepare for the summer season. Therefore I have decided that I need to get rid of what I don't need.

This is my 1969 John Deere 140 H1 with hydrostatic drive and hydraulic lift. It has a K-321 Kohler 14hp single cylinder cast iron engine. I rebuilt the carburetor in it 2 weeks ago. I also changed the hydro fluid/filter then as well. The left rear axle seal has a slow leak, I have the seal to fix it and it will go with the tractor. The engine runs good, no smoke, no knocks, just needs a muffler (its not very bad, just loud), battery, and a wire from the ignition switch to the coil. It also drives good as well. The steering is tight and doesn't have much play in it.

It would make a great general purpose tractor for someone who has the time to fix it up and give it the TLC it needs. It was the top of the line for John Deere in its day.

I'd like to get $650 for the 140, and I'd be willing to throw in my JD #50 cart and tow behind disk for $150 more. Must be picked up in Butner, NC, however I can hold it for as long as necessary.