PDA

View Full Version : Cutting parents house when Bro is living their?

K.Carothers
04-13-2005, 10:23 PM
Do you cut your parents lawn when your older brother lives their? I feel obligated to cut my parents lawn even though they have a lawn mower and my brother lives with them but doesn't cut it. I sharpen the blade to their mower(basic maintenance) but it seems that I am the one always cutting it at the end of my long work day. I don't have a problem cutting my parents lawn for free but when my bro is living their I just feel that he should be doing it.
Any thoughts?

mommacutz
04-13-2005, 10:39 PM
I can't wait to see the responses from this one. My best friend up in VA was telling me how this lawn guy had started to like her. He was going to come by and give a freebie cut. The day he pulls up he ask " Who is that sitting on the porch" She says " Oh that's just my son Kenny" (Mind you Kenny is a 6'2 21 year old) She said he couldn't get his stuff packed back on his trailer fast enough she says she never saw him again. LOL! :rolleyes:

pjslawncare/landscap
04-13-2005, 10:49 PM
Send your invoice to the lazy azz brother!

lawnranger44
04-13-2005, 10:53 PM
I agree you should ask your brother to do it, assuming he has the time, and assuming that your time would be better spent working for clients.

dvmcmrhp52
04-13-2005, 10:56 PM
Do you cut your parents lawn when your older brother lives their? I feel obligated to cut my parents lawn even though they have a lawn mower and my brother lives with them but doesn't cut it. I sharpen the blade to their mower(basic maintenance) but it seems that I am the one always cutting it at the end of my long work day. I don't have a problem cutting my parents lawn for free but when my bro is living their I just feel that he should be doing it.
Any thoughts?

The brother would be doing it for sure.

kwelch
04-14-2005, 07:54 AM
Thats a tough situation to be in. I'm sure it gets to you everytime you mow their grass. I would skip a week and see what happens. Tell your parents you picked up a big job and that it's going to swamp you for the next couple weeks. See what happens. If he doesn't mow it then he's a POS and I would tell him that!

mastercare
04-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Technically, your parents own the house. It's their responsibility to see that the lawn gets cut. If you and/or your brother live under their roof, then its between the 2 brothers and their parents to set up system.

Maybe its easier for you to cut the grass becuase of the better equipment, and your brother has a different responsibility around the house?

But, if the brother uses the excuse that he's too busy "working" to cut the lawn, what the heck does he think you're doing all day?

My theory on life: When possible conflict arises, confront it directly and quickly. That way, you'll know the outcome, and can move on. Don't let it fester....deal with it and move on.

lawnandplow42
04-14-2005, 03:16 PM
tell your lazy brother to do it

out4now
04-14-2005, 04:39 PM
Depends. Will he do a bad job on it? If he really can't cut the lawn to look nice you're doing your parents a favor. If he's fully capable and knows how to do a really nice job, then yes, make him mow it.

fga
04-15-2005, 07:41 AM
i have gotten alot of work in the beginning of my business due to cutting family members, despite who was there capable of mowing.
the best advertisement in this business is to be seen with your truck parked for alittle while, and let people hear the machines and come over. after you pick up 2 or 3 neighbors or similar.. then cutting your parents lawn is an even less big of deal cuz your there.... then as you get alittle bigger etc, you get to hang out with your brother and family while your guys cut the entire block :) this is what happened to me.... use your head, and cut the grass.

unless the house is a mile from the neighbor, then screw it :)

Remsen1
04-15-2005, 02:41 PM
Here is my suggestion. Stop cutting the lawn. If your brother doesn't automatically start doing it, then I would agree with another who said he is a POS. Later if your parents ask you to do it, ask them why he will not. If they say they don't want to ask him, them you tell them how you feel. If they say they asked and he won't, then you should take it up with him. If your man enough to kick his azz, then DO IT! Or at the very least, make it clear that you are capable, and willing, to flatten him if he doesn't straighten up.

Todd's lawncare
04-15-2005, 11:58 PM
i have a brother that lives at home hes only 14 but still old enuff to cut the grass but boy yopu gotta light a fire under him to get his a** going