PDA

View Full Version : Aeration, moss out, fert, overseeding ?

tez34
04-13-2005, 11:34 PM
The question is I need to do aeration and a moss control to a lawn, but at the same time I want to over seed and put down weed and feed. Can you safely do all at once or should I wait awhile after over seeding.
Thanks for the input. Chris

Neal Wolbert
04-14-2005, 02:20 AM
I think you'll find most herb. labels caution you to wait two weeks or more after applying before overseeding. That's what I'd do. Neal

Rtom45
04-14-2005, 08:05 AM
Some (many) weed n feed products specify 6 weeks between application and overseeding. You should be able to be able to complete the other work you have scheduled. If you choose to seed first, wait til the 2nd mowing of the new grass before doing weed control.

muddstopper
04-15-2005, 01:22 AM
Depending on the type of material you are using you can do all at once. If you are using iron for the moss control it wont hurt the seed and Drive 75 herbicide should be and is labled safe to use when seeding. Most of your weed and feeds will probably prevent your new seed from germinating so you will have to purchase the fert and drive75 seperate. Crabgrass preventers such as Halt should be advoided at the same time as the new seeding. Drive 75 will work on crabgrass pre and post emerg. and on most broadleaves as well.