PDA

View Full Version : I recieved my Aerify

sheshovel
04-14-2005, 12:46 PM
Well I got the bottle of Aerify that was mentioned in another thread about aerifying.
Says on the bottle that the ingredients are

60%-Ammonium Laureth Sulfate
40%-other ingredients

The 1st is a detergent used in alot of things shampoo is one of them so 60% of this $34.00
2.05oz's is shampoo/surfactant and it can cause eye and skin irritation
On the instr sheet it instructs you to add the Aerify 1st then water-on the lable it instructs to add after the water for best results and to minimize foaming.
And I guess you will need to do that because your spraying on mostly shampoo.
It claims to eliminate the need for machanical aeration...we will see
I almost just sent it right back,but decided to try it and see what happens 1st.
Why dont they just sell you the 40% "other ingredeints and let you use regular shampoo to mix with it I do not know other than the fact
they couldent charge so much if it was a little amount inside.

KathysLGC
04-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Why don't you water the crap out of a section in your yard then put 4 pieces of ply wood down on that section, park your truck full of stone on it for a day then remove the truck/wood apply the product and in 6 month use a cup cutter and compare results with another section of your yard?

sheshovel
04-15-2005, 01:28 AM
I am going to exept one thing,I don't have to compact my soil,It's hard heavy clay.And I will do it at a few customers places before landscaping and then 6 months later.I do alot of new landscapes in this brand new manufactured home park and all the soil has been brought in fill,then put ontop of the native clay and compacted with those huge compactor machines.So they are all the same,good testing area for this.

nocutting
04-22-2005, 12:36 AM
Hi, this is how soaps work for my program, We apply them during times of drought, seems to make the water wetter, it increases the absorbion compared to untreated areas [ where the water tends to stand or puddle or run off]...Personally I dont think I'd pay $34 for anybody's soap?...I get it fron a janitoral supply in 5 gal containers for $18 or $19 bucks, use 2-4 ozs per gal H2O, per 1000 sqft.....Just alittle food for thought.......

Guthrie&Co
05-18-2005, 10:52 AM
I am going to exept one thing,I don't have to compact my soil,It's hard heavy clay.And I will do it at a few customers places before landscaping and then 6 months later.I do alot of new landscapes in this brand new manufactured home park and all the soil has been brought in fill,then put ontop of the native clay and compacted with those huge compactor machines.So they are all the same,good testing area for this.
why not just use gypsum? its granular and that is its main purpose. to loosen clay soils

rocksrscott
12-16-2006, 07:07 PM
Sheshovel how did your test of this product go?? :confused:

How about anyone else that has used this product? :dizzy:

I have searched old post and could not find any where they actually said what their results were. :hammerhead:

So how about some replies from those that have compared this or similar products to core aeration? :waving:

NattyLawn
12-17-2006, 09:38 AM
I have never used Aerify, but we did put down gypsum w/humate as our summer stress reliever/fert this summer. We received excellent feedback, mostly from the mowing companies asking what we put down to make our lawns bounce back from drought so fast.

Anyway, this doesn't answer the question about aeration, but over time, a good organic fertilizer program along will increase microbial activity and eliminate the need for mechanical aeration in most situations.

DUSTYCEDAR
12-17-2006, 09:49 AM
a friend bought that aerify type stuff and i didnt see any improvement?

mrkosar
12-17-2006, 12:16 PM
i used a nitron industry product like the one you are talking about, but i also use an organic program on the lawn....so the lawn's soil structure has improved, and the lawn looks better. BUT, i messed up and applied the liquid humus type product on the entire 4K lawn. what i'm rambling about is that i didn't allow myself to see what has really helped this lawn.

my suggestion is to use it on half the lawn (backyard just in case it really helps), then you can see the actual changes. live and learn.