PDA

View Full Version : Covered up in work and supply is gone

NickN
04-15-2005, 09:05 AM
Been covered up this spring with landscaping.Now,I've got a problem.I can only get freaking 1 gallon plant materials.No more 3's or 7's.They've sold out!Only thing I can think to do is tell customers they'll have to wait till fall to get larger plants.I'm talking your normal bedding shrubs,like azaleas,boxwoods,holly's,and spirea.Anybody else going through this?

YardPro
04-15-2005, 08:41 PM
call john deere landscapes. they are a national chain and have a lot of green stores ( nurseries). they can get you what you need.

JB1
04-15-2005, 10:43 PM
Sounds like its time for a road trip.

Adamma Landscape Group
04-17-2005, 01:01 AM
Business must be good in your area. Is it because of last year hurricane?

urbanlandscape
04-17-2005, 08:22 PM
Wholesale nurseries usually charge reasonable freight for large orders, with a minimum of several thousand. If you combine everything you need for your jobs and have it delivered, you should be able to get them delivered for reasonable prices. You obviously have the internet, try searching for wholesale nursery stock and see what is the closest and delivers. Even if it's the next state over, you should be able to find something.

o-so-n-so
04-17-2005, 10:48 PM
Pm me on what you need and I'll do some talking......I hadnt had a problem yet across the board, just a few select stuff. I'll be down your way this weekend on a job (stump grinding) for champion paper co......pm or call me.

Did that multiple install that we talked about ever develop into a go?

later sherrill

NickN
04-18-2005, 08:56 AM
Hi o-so-n-so,
They haven't begun the subdivision yet.It's still in the works.I just got inside info on the plans to do it.
As for the plants,I found some in the 3-5 gallon range,but I'm coming up short on pyrimidal arborvitaes.All I can get is 1 gallons.I've got to check with "you know who" on some firepower nandinas.I picked up some 1 gallons Friday from another source.I also picked you up a brochure from them.Remember,I told ya about the other nursery?I've got to give some presentations this week as well as do maintenance.Give me a call on the cell phone when you're up this way and I'll try to get with you.