PDA

View Full Version : Flower bed clean-up bid

JKLC
04-15-2005, 11:33 AM
I got a call for a clean-up on some flower beds. She wants them weedless and prepped for new flower and plant install...
My guess is get rid of all grass and weed growing in beds
Put down new top soil and mulch as well as preventative maintenance for weed control and fert for the beds.

I was thinking 80 per hour for labor and product..(im thinking 12-16hrs.)
Theres about 420 sq. feet of beds [don't really like the lady and if she goes for it i want to make money :) ]

Also how long do you think this will take two people to clean up... there in pretty bad shape lots of overgrown grass.

Adamma Landscape Group
04-17-2005, 12:29 AM
16 hours. You better do a good job or she won't pay you.

Premo Services
04-17-2005, 07:28 AM
80.00 hr for two people is a good rate, weeding is hard work, plus topsoil, etc.
Would be hard to say how long it will take, but 12 hours is 6 hours each man working. It always seems to take longer than you think to do certain jobs, so mabey give an estimated time of job and if it takes longer you will still be making money.

urbanlandscape
04-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Give a price range, from the minimum you think it will be, up to maybe 15% more. Dig up as much of the grass as you can. It will be heavier to dispose of, but easier to get all the roots out. If there are existing plants that need to be saved, dig them up too and set them aside so you don't have to worry about them.

Turfdude
04-17-2005, 08:22 PM
Are there any plants in the bed now?? If not, and its just a weeded up mulch bed, run a sod cutter through it, then rake out the weeds, put in a barrow w/ a fork, up a plank in your dump truck and dispose of debris. Two men - 2 hours tops. 420 square feet no time at all w/ sod cutter. Another hour for soil and 45 mins for mulch. Just add travel time to pick up supplies in your bid along w/ travel to job, dump, etc...