PDA

View Full Version : New trailer!

Mickhippy
04-15-2005, 12:38 PM
Yes I know. Wrong place but itll get lost in the trailer threads!

Anyway, after much waiting, design changes etc let me introduce you to....

My new Trailer! hehe

8x6 tilt, fully dip gal, heavy duty everything, front gate drops flat, has a tail gate that slips in/out when needed and ramps can be removed.

Mickhippy
04-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Heres a pic with the front gate down. Thinking behind this is that I can put other ramps up to the ute and put another mower or dump clipping etc onto the ute. May never need to but at least I could if want.

Oh, and thats Tank the dog!

Mickhippy
04-15-2005, 12:49 PM
Loading the JD on.
Full tilt but can adjust for more tilt if needed by changing links on a chain.

Mickhippy
04-15-2005, 01:03 PM
The old embarrassment, and the new!

The killers my daughter! Spooky mini me! :angry: hehe

pottstim
04-15-2005, 11:40 PM
Very interesting trailer. I like the gate at the front. I have never seen one like that before.

Todd's lawncare
04-16-2005, 02:35 AM
The old embarrassment, and the new!

The killers my daughter! Spooky mini me! :angry: hehe
What do you want for the old one ?

stuie
04-16-2005, 04:24 AM
Mick
Can you save those bits of timber covering the holes in your old trailer! Mine will need the timber to cover the floors soon. :rolleyes:
Pulled all the flaking rust of the bottom today and repainting it after rust killer.
She will have to last another season at least!
STUART

Mickhippy
04-16-2005, 09:28 AM
Todd, give ya a carton of beer to take it off my hands!

Potts, I got the idea of the front tail gate from looking at some Bobcat skid steer owners. Some here have mini excavators as well that they cart around on trailers. They use ramps that go up to the truck from the trailer that they drive the bobcat down and excavator on trailer. Cant do that with a front, welded gate. Thought may be able to drop clippings on ute tray (if ever needed?) or cart around another mower etc.
Was basically trying to plan ahead not knowing really if will ever be used but good to know its possible! If that made sense! Had a few beverages this afternoon!

Stuie, them bits of wood are Patient Pending! :p
The new trailers fully dipped in Gal so I shouldnt have rust problems but..... We'll see! :rolleyes:

ksland
04-16-2005, 09:59 AM
What do you want for the old one ?

Why, you going to travel to Australia to pick it up? :rolleyes:

stuie
04-16-2005, 10:06 AM
I will arrange shipping for you! :angel:
Pulled my trailer out of garage into the sunlight today after painting.Damn all the little bits i missed in the garage gloom.

Todd's lawncare
04-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Sure I'll pick it up theres a chopper shop there i would like to visit and i didn't see where it was from till after the post

Aussie Topcat
04-16-2005, 09:25 PM
Looks good Mick, are you gunna put your phone number & name on it

Mickhippy
04-17-2005, 09:03 AM
Not sure Topcat. Could put some pretty big ones down the sides but would probably be better at the back where the ramps are. But then wind wouldnt get through the ramps. I went the mesh ramps for that reason when could of had solid for less money. Hear from people that solid ramps are like sails and can reduce fuel efficiency. Sounds right to me!
But never know and I wont say never!

Lawnworks
04-17-2005, 11:22 AM
How bout a pic of that truck? It looks pretty cool.

Mickhippy
04-19-2005, 03:24 AM
Sure mate. But have to include the trailer!
This is basically what I work with. Very simple but does the job!

Aussie Topcat
04-19-2005, 05:40 AM
Together Mick, they look VERY impressive!

:pumpkin:
Note: I have just taken my 4th phone call, from the trailor, now that's over the last 12 months, and that covers the cost of the signage.

Lawnworks
04-19-2005, 07:08 AM
I love that lil truck! Is it a diesel?

EasylyConfused
04-20-2005, 10:13 PM
I thought of putting a sign on the tailgate of my new trailer, however, when I'm parked outside my customers house, no one can read it. I would rather have it on the side so the neighbours can see it and say, wow, he is so much better than our guy, we should switch. (I wish!) That's a theory anyhow. Name and Number on both sides!

RedWingsDet
04-22-2005, 09:44 PM
I like that truck, i bet that little thing has tons of power. Little truck with dump bed and a dully = SAWEEET

Mickhippy
04-23-2005, 10:58 AM
Topcat, If I put signs on the sides of the trailer, people wont be able to see the mower well. I have got work from people just checking out the mower before. They just come over and ask for number usually!

Lawnworks/Premier, Its a 1999 3.2L V6 petrol. It does have heaps of power. More than enough to tow what I have. Its actually a rebadged Isuzu. The turbo deisel version is supposed to be very good also.

Thought about selling the ute a while back but decided to keep it as works well. Just wish it was 4wd for getting up steep gravel driveways.

RedWingsDet
04-23-2005, 11:05 AM
screw this rainy snowy weather here in spring time of michigan, im coming to Austriala and gonna eat some shrimp on the barbi everyday. Awww Crockie Mate. lol. seriosuly tho, its april and its rain and snow here today, what a load of crap, i wanna move!

Mickhippy
04-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Prem, bought some prawns today and have to say some of the nicest, saltiest and sweetest I ever had. Probably 5" long! mmmmm still got some left in the fridge and saving for drinks tomorrow!

Aussie Topcat
04-24-2005, 03:48 AM
Topcat, If I put signs on the sides of the trailer, people wont be able to see the mower well. I have got work from people just checking out the mower before. They just come over and ask for number usually!

Lawnworks/Premier, Its a 1999 3.2L V6 petrol. It does have heaps of power. More than enough to tow what I have. Its actually a rebadged Isuzu. The turbo deisel version is supposed to be very good also.

Thought about selling the ute a while back but decided to keep it as works well. Just wish it was 4wd for getting up steep gravel driveways.

Mick, just put sighs half way along the trailor so the still see the mower

Mickhippy
04-24-2005, 10:13 AM
Dont really have to advertise any more but ya never know! Never had adds on cars etc but have in Ypages

Been watching ANZACs on TV. Also other stuff but man, we kick some serious azz dont we. Something like the first serious victory during the trench warfare.

BLOODY Proud to be AUSSIE! We/THEY(old timers) kicked some serious azz against all odds and pommy generals!

Pommy silver spoons can kiss my azzzzzzzz! I wanna smack a Moet sipin rich Karnt so hard in the face right now it aint funny. Wish I was out somewhere!

Tails!.......................... :) :rolleyes:

Jeff@SGLC.ca
04-24-2005, 02:05 PM
MickHippy, Is Tank full rottie? I have to get a pic of my guy up on here.

Mickhippy
04-25-2005, 07:04 PM
Yeah Jeff, full rottie. His dads a very sort after stud and tuely one of best in Austrailia.

Jeff@SGLC.ca
04-26-2005, 12:07 AM
Nice....I'll try and get a pic of my guy up this week.