PDA

View Full Version : Women Landscapers?

lifesaverbuddy
04-15-2005, 06:32 PM
I am one. Any others out there?

Do you hire women workers?

If you were a customer would you hire a self-employed female landscaper?

Any other comments?

Please be truthful, but not rude. Thanks for your input.

Toy2
04-15-2005, 06:38 PM
Welcome, If I had seen her work, then yes she would be hired, I think if your clean and professional the jobs will come....by clean I mean, ripped jeans, trashed vehicle etc.....

nocutting
04-15-2005, 06:49 PM
Hi, I've always hired women rather than men / boys, customers luv women!!!!!!!!! You're generally nicer, friendly, dont use rough talk, work with your shirts on?.......Consider this 98% of the people home during the day are?....."Women"!!!!!!!!!!....How can you go wrong......"Perennials, native plants, rock gardens, should go very well in your neck of the woods"....Best of Luck & dont be a stranger- Regards Saxon :cool2:

proenterprises
04-15-2005, 06:50 PM
Yes I would hire a woman. Like No Cutting said, women do give off a certain image that men do not, which I believe does have an appeal to the female clients. Good luck this season. Welcome to LawnSite!

CuttingEdgeLawnService-SL
04-15-2005, 07:07 PM
I am a independent woman mower and i make pretty good money doing it too. when i first started i thought that people would only want male mowers but i've got many customers and they are very satisfied with my work.
:waving: GOOD LUCK!
*Stephanie*

lifesaverbuddy
04-15-2005, 07:09 PM
Thanks for your input. This is one of my biggest fears.

Thanks for the welcome too. I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Lisa and I am 21, in my 2nd year as an Engineering Student, and have just moved away from my wonderful boss of 3 summers. I wasn't going to landscape this summer but I just cant stay away from it, so here I am trying to go on my own for the first time at the last minute. I don't have anything ready yet...no cards, no fliers, no truck yet either. But I will get it all done and quick as I can too. I guess the biggest thing holding me back is a name. The obvious is "Lisa's Landscapes" and I like it, but I'm scared they wont call just because I'm a woman. I dont want to use my last name, no real reason, it just doesn't feel right. So, any thoughts? I also have "day-mares" (nightmares) about customers calling and hanging up immediately when they hear my 12 year old girly voice(This is not unfounded. I really do have a childish voice!). My other day-mare is that they wont rent me a bobcat because they dont trust me with it! Rediculous, I know, it's just cold feet. Any thoughts, comments are welcome.

lifesaverbuddy
04-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Please note that I am only landscaping, not mowing. It's a tough decision, but I cant afford a trailer and I dont want to be lifting a mower in and out of the truck all day. I'm tough, but not that tough!

lawnandplow42
04-15-2005, 07:13 PM
if they're hott, why not? :D

jim dailey
04-15-2005, 09:31 PM
if they're hott, why not? :D

Why is this NOT a surprise.

WhohasHelios?
04-15-2005, 09:38 PM
You bet! I have an all female crew this year so far and it is going extremely well!!

Customers really respond positively to women on site, the truck stays cleaner and smells fantastic day in and day out.

I really like to see women in the trades and encourage it in every regard. I do realize there are some physical differences between men and women that prevent women from doing some of the work in the same fashion as men, however I find that the pros far outweigh the cons.

-Reuben

pjslawncare/landscap
04-15-2005, 09:56 PM
There are a few women I see doing landscaping around here, mostly mowing. One landscape company has a couple crews of women Ive seen and they get rite with it. I think it take quite a determined and tough woman to take on the heat, dirty conditions and physically demanding work. I often thought a female crew would be good for us as far as attention to detail and trust worthyness so I tried a few last season for my mowing crews, but had little luck. Two of them lasted 1/2 day and the other one lasted 3 days. I mostly have 21 year aged guys and we bust butt mowing subdivisions and such. Its very hard work, but we landscape as well. I would still keep trying females for the reasons I mentioned, maybe I jusy havent found the rite ones yet. If your ever my way, give me a ring :)

Kickin Your Grass
04-15-2005, 10:04 PM
The young lady that works for me answers the phone.

grassmanvt
04-15-2005, 10:28 PM
I wouldn't have problem with it. Any one who meets my strict standards of hiring(non-smoking and shows up daily) would be considered. If you can do the job, I don't care who you are, were your from, what you do, or who you do. Work is work, acomplish it and I'll be happy. :)

tonygreek
04-15-2005, 10:29 PM
my lead landscape designer/project mgr is a female. and for my exterior remodeling company, my absolute best siding installer is a woman.

sheshovel
04-15-2005, 10:35 PM
I am a female Landscaper and have run my own biz for 12 years now,started out doing maintenance,weedeating,mowing,cleaning,blowing,Planting ,anything they wanted me to do.did that for first few years then broke into Landscaping.I have never had a problem getting jobs,or keeping them because I am a woman.People are willing to give you a chance,you just gotta prove yourself worthy and reliable.I always have felt that if they are gonna put their money on me,I'm not going to let them down and ruin things for the next woman who comes along.Nice to meet you. Sheshovel :waving:

out4now
04-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Can't see any reason not to hire a woman. Welcome to the site :waving: If they can do the job why not hire them? As already noted, women tend to be more meticulous about the details.

QualityLawnCare4u
04-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Lifesaverbuddy, I would hire a woman in a minute. I hate to say it but woman are generally friendlier than men (and I like the girly voice)LOL. We have a lady here who does nothing but landscaping, no mowing, and her work is great and she is expensive too! Good luck to you. BTW, you may find your clients wife not so friendly expecially if thier hubby watches you out the window the whole time. I would recommend wearing comfortable clothing(not daisy dukes, I cant believe Im saying this) and just do good work and your reputation should carry you. Good luck!

lawnranger44
04-16-2005, 12:29 AM
Welcome to Lawnsite! If you haven't discovered this yet, there is a wealth of information here. If you spend alot of time reading posts here and learning, you WILL succeed. That being said...

I don't think being a woman should hold you back at all. It could be a very important charachteristic to set you apart from the competition. I think people will generally trust a woman easier than they will trust a man. People have trusted me for the past couple years since I am a "kid" (I'm 19 now), but as I get older more and more people think I am trying to swindle them or something. Were I a female, I don't think this would be as much of a problem.

GOOD LUCK! :waving:

MOW ED
04-16-2005, 05:54 AM
Lisa, Welcome to Lawnsite.
As far as women go, I am the only man in the house with 3 daughters and my wife. I work with her in the field and she also takes care of all the books. I have had my daughters help us with mulch jobs. Ages are 15, 14 and 9 at their request.
Women in general ( no stereotypes) are very detail oriented and my wife is a self proclaimed perfectionist. That is a good balance for me. Give yourself a pat on the back and gain some confidence, you can do whatever you want and make good money also. Many of the landscape companies have women as designers but also installers. Time is wasting, get your advertising out there as there will be a major push for work starting yesterday. Once your foot is in the door, word of mouth will take over and you will do fine. Good Luck and keep us posted.

kris
04-16-2005, 07:47 AM
We hire a few for both maintenance and construction .... have this new kid on a construction crew (around 22) . She is an absolute joy to have around ... full of enthusiasm and working really hard. She jumped in the bobcat and did OK with very little instruction(had some experience on a paving crew before).
Her last words to me before she left the shop last night were .... "Thank-you Kris, I just love this job!" Who could ask for more.

nobagger
04-16-2005, 08:48 AM
A company I used to work for had 3 women running with them, 2 mowed and 1 did just landscaping. They worked well with the guys and yes customers loved them. I had the pleasure of working with the landscaping crew and a lot of the time it was just her and I and she never stopped! she was like the Energizer Bunny kept going and going. The comment in another post about clothing is true, the girl I worked with was very, well lets say she was very top heavy, and one day she tied her shirt in the front and when reaching for a shovel well "they" fell out. I didn't mind,LOL but the lady watching us (customer) thought it was very unprofessional and called to complain. :cry:

lifesaverbuddy
04-16-2005, 09:47 AM
Thanks so much for all your input!

I am very professional and burn like a lobster, so no need to worry about inappropriate clothing here. Plus my old bosses wife loved me, and we worked alone a lot, so no troubles there. I should be okay that way. Dont want to give off the wrong vibe and put myself at risk when I'm working alone anyhow.

I will be designing my doorhanger today while doing laundry and will get most of them out on Sunday so I can chat with potential customers while they're more likely to be home.

Hope you're all having great weather and business is going smooth.

P.S. I also wanted to say that I will admit in a heart beat that I am not as strong as a man, but that means I just have to do things a little different to be as efficient. I've never had a complaint from coworkers, or my old boss either.

nocutting
04-16-2005, 10:45 AM
"Lisa's Landscapes", sounds like a stright forward name, 1 of my company names is "Floral Designs By Saxon" [ Saxon is my 1st name], This works for Me!!!!!....Being a woman, havein a different name, sets you aside from everybody else.......About mowin, when I started I had a 32" troybilt dedicated mulch mower, my assistant [ a woman, 5ft tall, easily handled that mower [ self propelled ] & we ramped it into our pk-up on 2 -2x6's w/ ramp parts [ ramp ends], since it was a mulcher we didnt need a big truck or a trailer to haul that waste.[ in fact 2 of those mowers fit into a 8ft pick-up]....A few full service accounts wouldnt kill you, and will help maintain a solid cash flow.....We used weekly maintance to get us a start, only did 20 accounts at $20-30 per cut, we did these in 2-days [ not 2 - kick-ass days either[...But it helped get us exposure, we'd put out flyers where we were working [ 5-10 ], and being a woman, if somebody smiles or says "Hello", take it from there, promote yourself & your Bizness....Bein small you can take any small job to start?.....Move that 3-4ft shrub- $ 40-60 bucks, feed those landscape planting $25-75...these prices work for properties 3-5000sq,ft...."Best Advice"....find yourself a good perennial grower [ most are women in my area], get flats of 4" pots, usally 12 to a flat, avg cost is $2.25 per plant [ now very easy for you to double its cost and charge a fair labor rate to install ]....You may want to do a summer special, a 5ft x 5ft bed [ pre-exsisting], offer 30-40 perennials installed for $175.00, plant in bunchs of 7's to get "Bursts of color"......Of course weeding, mulching, edgeing is all extra, soooooooo on the basic job you end up makein $100.00 for an hour & ahalf......[ far more than a grass cutter?]-.....So dont worry, Regards Saxon payup :cool2:

urbanlandscape
04-17-2005, 08:02 PM
I am a 25 year old woman. I have been landscaping since I was eighteen and this is my third year of owning my business with my "little" brother. There are times when I am very glad to have him, like when pulling out 40 year old junipers. But, for the most part, I am capable of doing anything I need to. We hire women almost exclusively (sorry guys) because they work harder consistently and pay attention to detail. But we specialize in working in existing landscapes doing maintenance (beds only, no mowing), renovations, installs, etc. We focus on quality, like not piling mulch up against a tree trunk, and women pay better attention to those details. I prefer not to do new landscapes at this point. My knees are already getting blown out from crouching to pull weeds for the last seven years, and my wrists hurt from deadheading flowers with pruners. I work hard enough, new landscapes would be too much at this point. Repetitive stress injuries are a real issue in the landscape industry.
I totally understand the young voice issue. I also sound like a twelve year old. I look young too, so I have to emphasize my experience and expertise. I have more of a problem with being shy! I am naturally shy, so I have to concentrate hard on talking to people. Usually I'm okay once I start talking about plants.
My best advice is to buy quality tools and find the most efficient way to do things. Steel shovels and Felco #2 pruners are required.
Good luck. You'll do fine.

Branchland
04-17-2005, 09:23 PM
My wife actually owns our business. On paper anyway. She does everything I do out there and loves it. There are somethings I can do qwiker or easier so it's no different then any other crew. You let who is more efficient at one thing do that one thing mainly. Some yards I'm qwiker at mowing or edging or vise-versa. One landscaping we just jump in and do it. I usually have the idea and tell her what to do. She sees what I'm getting at then takes it from there. We also get great response from our customers. She's a great people person and really helps to sell our work. Wouldn't have it any other way.

AK Lawn
04-18-2005, 06:41 PM
My girlfriend works for my company, and she works harder then anyother employee i have, she has more incentive, but she works very hard, she doesn't get the most work done but she puts forth so much effort, it is truely amazing

dvmcmrhp52
04-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Thanks for your input. This is one of my biggest fears.

Thanks for the welcome too. I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Lisa and I am 21, in my 2nd year as an Engineering Student, and have just moved away from my wonderful boss of 3 summers. I wasn't going to landscape this summer but I just cant stay away from it, so here I am trying to go on my own for the first time at the last minute. I don't have anything ready yet...no cards, no fliers, no truck yet either. But I will get it all done and quick as I can too. I guess the biggest thing holding me back is a name. The obvious is "Lisa's Landscapes" and I like it, but I'm scared they wont call just because I'm a woman. I dont want to use my last name, no real reason, it just doesn't feel right. So, any thoughts? I also have "day-mares" (nightmares) about customers calling and hanging up immediately when they hear my 12 year old girly voice(This is not unfounded. I really do have a childish voice!). My other day-mare is that they wont rent me a bobcat because they dont trust me with it! Rediculous, I know, it's just cold feet. Any thoughts, comments are welcome.

We've got a number of female owned installation and design businesses around..........I think it is a selling point since just like real estate, the WOMAN is the one that typically decides what house is going to be purchased, the man just signs the checks. (LOL!) (I'm actually quite serious, real estate agents will tell you this) I believe it is the Women of the household who've got a lot of say so in landscaping as well.

Good luck to you...............

lifesaverbuddy
04-18-2005, 08:24 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes. I am needing them right now.

I am majorly behind. I just got my doorhangers printed today, but won't be able to get them out until Thursday afternoon as I am still in the middle of finals.

You can all laugh when you hear that I had decided to cut the holes myself. After doing 50 of 500 by tracing around a metal circle with an exacto knife, I gave up. Then an idea hit. I searched my entire house for silly putty, and will just hang them right on the front door at eye level. Here's to hoping I'm not a complete idiot, since I imagine 75% of them will fly off in the wind!

Have any of you put up sandwich signs(2 square boards held together by hinges, and when the bottoms are separated, it supports itself)? I am thinking I could put these in the new areas needing sod. But they are about $100, so I would have to make and paint them myself. The other day I was in Tim Hortons drive thru and I noticed another landscapers sign stuck right in the groud beside it. I am secretly jealous I did not think of this first. Everyone can call him while they're waiting in line for their coffee.

And just one more question. Do any of you have any experience with rubber stamps? I am thinking about getting one for invoices, receipts, etc. I can get one for $28, or make my own for $25 with a Micheals kit(which can be changed at any time to say whatever I want).

Hope you're all comfortable busy. Thanks again.

Doc_77
04-18-2005, 08:58 PM
You can all laugh when you hear that I had decided to cut the holes myself. After doing 50 of 500 by tracing around a metal circle with an exacto knife, I gave up. Then an idea hit. I searched my entire house for silly putty, and will just hang them right on the front door at eye level. Here's to hoping I'm not a complete idiot, since I imagine 75% of them will fly off in the wind!

lol i did get a little chuckle out of that.
might want to try stapling a rubber band to the top of the door hanger.
it works well and doesn't look to bad.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
04-18-2005, 09:08 PM
Lisa turn your private message on.

lifesaverbuddy
04-18-2005, 09:41 PM
Hi MJL. I added you to my buddy list. Not sure if that'll do it or not. I'm finding accessing private messaging on this forum more difficult than others. It is probably really simple, and I just dont get it!

This is the note I get when I try to pm you:

lifesaverbuddy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Not sure what to do about it

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
04-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Alright let me try. I wrote out a pm for you earlier and i couldnt send it so I saved it.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
04-18-2005, 09:54 PM
It didnt work. Let me do some figuring and I will give you a step by step post on how to turn your pm's on.

lifesaverbuddy
04-18-2005, 09:56 PM
I just figured out that I have to be here a whole month and have 25 posts. Does it have to be private? If so, we could email for now.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
04-18-2005, 10:05 PM
:help:

Lisa, ok try this:

1.Go to the home page: Here it's clickable (http://www.lawnsite.com/index.php)
2. Sign in
3. Click on "User CP"
4. Ok you will see a long verticle box on the left that says "control panel". Under "Settings and Options", Click on "Edit options"
5. Scoll down to the boxed in area that says "Messaging & Notification". Within the box you will see another box labled "Private messaging".
6. Make sure the first box is checked to enable messaging. Check the second box if you want to recieve emails to let you know someone from lawnsite pm'd you. Check the third box if you want a box to pop up when you sign onto lawnsite that tells you you have a pm. I have the first and third box checked but that is just me.

Hope this helps :p .
Mike

nocutting
04-18-2005, 10:07 PM
Hi, most sign companies make a corragated plastic coated sign that goes on a metal stake [ we use them on Installations] ther about 12x24, & you get alot of them for $100 bucks, I also made 1's like the pesticde warning flags 5x6, they go on a plastic stake[ also corragated, think I got a 1000 of them for about $80 bucks- try askin around or try the net....E-Bay has great prices on those plastic banners if your doin a festival or flower show. :cool2:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
04-18-2005, 10:11 PM
I just figured out that I have to be here a whole month and have 25 posts. Does it have to be private? If so, we could email for now.

Alright well thats no good. You can email me your email address if you want. My email is on the bottom of my posts.

lifesaverbuddy
04-18-2005, 10:56 PM
Kris, are you still watching this post? Turns out we live in the same area. I am new to the city and could really use some tips. Let me know if you're willing to share a little. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am really wondering what the going rate to lay sod is. I have called so many companies, and emailed many more, but only recieved one reply, stating that he would not give out his rates.

Other helpful info would be on suppliers. Who should I buy soil, sod, plants, bark, rock, fabric, edging, etc. from?

I understand if you dont want to give out rates, but offering a couple hints on your prefered suppliers supports them too.

And one last questions, if I cant get started on my own, are you hiring?

Thanks again.

dvmcmrhp52
04-18-2005, 11:01 PM
I'll PM Kris just in case he's no longer looking at this thread...................

kris
04-19-2005, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the PM Dave ...

Geez ...I suppose most of the suppliers I could tell you about but not all. There are a few that We've worked years to get/find ... especially, a couple in BC.

Sorry I have to cut this short because its 5:12 am and I have to get going to work....

I'm hiring every day...have been for almost the past month .... look in todays paper and you will see my ad .... I use the same name that I use here...Kris

lifesaverbuddy
04-20-2005, 02:22 PM
Hi Kris,

I know you are busy, and I dont want to bother you, but I dont know anywhere else to go to get information. Please understand you don't have to answer any of the following questions if you dont feel comfortable, however I can assure that you take very little risk, if any at all, if you do answer them, for these reason:

1) I am only in this business for 2-3 years max. I am in my 2nd year of Engineering and when I am done school I HAVE to work in that field full time in order to get my 4 years experience to become a professional member of APEGGA and work on my own.
2) I love landscaping, but after 3 years on the shovel, I am getting lazy. I want to have my free time and I want to have energy for my kids when I get home. My mother does physical labour, and she never did. I dont want to live the rest of my life in bed after 8 like I have the last 3 summers! Thus I refuse to put in more than 45hrs a week on this job. I am tough, but my body just cant take it, and I need my rest. I can't imagine doing this in 10 years!
3) I am very limited in what I can do. I dont have a machine of my own, so that makes planting trees, and moving materials very difficult. Plus I am only one person and will NOT hire employees. So I do not want to spend 3 hours trying to get one large calibre tree planted straight and correctly! I also dont want to spend a week hauling paving stone by myself and be having nightmares about whether my base has washed out while I've been sleeping!
4) I literally have no money. My dad is going to loan me the money for a $2500 truck. And as long as I can get a $2500 credit card, that's what I'll be running off. Of course, $450 will go to eguipment(wheelbarrow, sod roller, hand tools, hoses and sprinklers, etc), $300 to insuring my truck, $75 to storage, $160 for a general contractors licence, $50 to business cards, and after that I'll be lucky if I can afford to finance 1 sod job in the new developments(sod + topsoil + bobcat rental). All money that I make in this business will go to the $5000 I pay in tuition and books every year, the rest will go to part of the $8400 I pay in rent and $1600 I'll pay in insurance every year. My business has to support me, because I can't afford to support it.

I think that's all I need to say about the sorry state I'm in!

So, here are my questions:

Who would you reccomend for:
hauling topsoil?
spreading topsoil?
bobcat rental?
small equipment rental, like packer, tub saw, etc, if I need it?
sod?
trees and shrubs?
subcontracting tree planting to?
landscape fabric?
mow edge?
bark, rock products?

I know most aren't willing to give out rates, but I would like to know so that I am not one of the "lowballers". Maybe it would be better if I give out what I have an idea of charging, and you could just say too high or too low?

For sod, about $0.75 per square foot, incuding 6 in(4 in with compaction) of topsoil. (It costs about $0.45 per square foot for sod, topsoil, and machine rental, the other $0.30 is for labour and overhead)

My old boss suggested twice the wholesale price for shrubs, with a minimum for a small order. Not sure how to go about getting wholesale though.

As for trees, I would just charge the customers what the subcontractor charged me.

When it comes to things like, barking, installing mowedge, paving stone, pruning, etc, I have no idea what to charge, but I'll figure that out later.

Anyhow, if you are able to answer some of my questions, that's great, if not, that's okay too. I did take a look at a greenhouse website going by the same name you used in the paper. I'm not sure exactly what services you provide, yourself, but let me know if you provide some of the things I'm looking for. Thanks for your time and any advice you're able to lend. Hope the season's starting well for you.

Lisa

P.S From your ad in the paper, it sounds like you offer a lot of overtime. One thing I liked about my old job is that we closed up by 6 every night, except on rare occaision, and only worked a saturday every 2nd week. I don't mean to sound like a baby, but after 9-10 hrs, I'm just not that efficient anymore! So, if you are connected with the greenhouse, do you know if they might have a part time job that pays okay?

kris
04-20-2005, 09:56 PM
Geez... I had a long post and then I hit something and its gone :angry:

I'm not going to post it all again right now .... I'll help you out with almost all the suppliers you need.

I won't tell you what we pay for things at any of them because we would get better rates because of the volume we do.

I can tell you of at least ten soil pit locations around the city ... most opened this week...these guys also haul.
I dont know anyone to spread soil unless its large scale.....find a owner operator bobcat service for best rate ...paper is probably full of them.

Rock products ...you are probably better off going to burnco ...also, Alberta rock has a great pit west of the city .

Look in the book for tree shrub suppliers ... Mill creek is great ....
We don't really wholesale although I would give you a discount. ... we are digging about 500 caliper trees this week and next so we will have a bit of a selection ... probably wont bring in our spruce and pine till about another month.

I cant remember the name of our fabric supplier but they are just off argyle near the freeway ... If I remember Ill post the name...they just changed it around last fall. we buy a years supply late winter.

Lisa .. I dont do any hiring for the greenhouse ..they would hire 60-70- 80 people to help out for a very short time ...then they just keep a select few after May, long weekend...they dont pay that much .. It's run completely separate from the Landscaping division.

We are a design /build landscape construction company, interior and exterior maintenance as well as a couple small tree farms. Yes we work a lot of overtime and are one of the very few that pay it. ...not unusual for our foremen to gross 5-6 thousand a month.

I like to stay annoy mus here because i visit this site mainly for entertainment and act unprofessional from time to time lol I'd appreciate if you respected that.

Chances are Lisa that our prices are way out of line compared to yours ... keep in mind we have been around for 40 years. I wish you the best of luck... you never know... I might turn some work your way.... give me a call to say hello and I can give you some numbers of suppliers if you cant find them.

lifesaverbuddy
04-21-2005, 12:51 AM
Hi Kris!

Thanks so much for all your advice. It really helps me out a lot. I know I have a lot of research to do as I am new to the city, but I am busy with exams at the moment and I am running out of time, so every tip helps.

I don't want to bother you too much, so if you could just send me a quick email at lifesaverbuddy@excite.com, then I would know how to get a hold of you. I can then send you my number if you happen to have any work to refer, which would be greatly appreciated(Let me send you picks of one of the first things I do this summer though, so you know what kind of work you're refering). I will try my best to get things figured out on my own, but if I do have questions I will email first to see when a good time to chat is.

I know the place off the freeway that you're talking about. I'll go down there this weekend and see what they have to offer. And will definately check out Mill Creek too

I do respect your privacy, and my own too, so I'll try not to post any area specific info.

Thanks again. Hope you're having a great start. Lisa

P.S. Please send a couple names in the email who deal in topsoil.

kris
04-21-2005, 09:46 PM
Did you get my email?