PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here wait till ground temp is right to mow bermuda?

tinman
04-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Anyone here wait till ground temp is right to mow bermuda? I've never heard of it b4 today. Lady I used to mow for , had me wash her house today (quoted her lawn again... but evidently these guys were cheaper or something) and asked me about that. She said they mowed the fescue part but were waiting on the ground temp to mow the bermuda> :rolleyes: ... I told her I was no genius but I thought you should mow when the grass looked like it needed it (or in this case looked like Hell) . Anyway the part they did mow was just that....mowed ...with no weedeating. Can't imagine she knew that up front as she was always asking about edging & trimming when I did it.

Kickin Your Grass
04-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Never heard of that.

out4now
04-15-2005, 11:49 PM
Bermuda even though it goes dormant is still mowed year round here on golf courses,schools, parks and so forth that get over seeded . I guess you could push the technicality that it would be an unnecessary stress on the plant. Bermuda is sturdy though so it can take a severe beating and still recover. Maybe they are referring to the spring root die back phenomenon?

Texas Mowem
04-16-2005, 07:17 AM
She said they mowed the fescue part but were waiting on the ground temp to mow the bermuda> :rolleyes:

Sounds like a way to skip some work to me. They are scamming her.
I have been mowing bermuda for a month now.