PDA

View Full Version : clean ups

lsylvain
02-15-2001, 11:28 AM
How does everyone price for clean ups. By hour or sq/ft.
What kind of rates. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Getmow
02-15-2001, 12:26 PM
Price per hour + dump fees/time + hassle factor(wet,dirty yard,obstacles,etc). COme up with the overall price and quote that not the hourly rate.

mike
02-15-2001, 04:39 PM
My start up price for cleaning is not less than double the price I charge for mowing. Once I get that, then I estimate what I think it would cost me , times amount of workers per hour + dump fee. Compare the two rates, then bid whats best for you!! Keep in mind the extent of cleanup your dealing with,(ditches, pine needles, limbs, etc. I hope this helps you!!!! Keep in mind that you may be able to give a little price break to a "GOOD, REGULAR" customer, because you know you'll be getting more work from them. Have a gooooooooood day!!!!!!!

lawman
02-15-2001, 04:42 PM
I min charge is twice the cost of the cut + dump fees and hassel charge.

dmk395
02-15-2001, 05:40 PM
For me most seem to fall into the $100-300 range.

SJR Lawncare
02-15-2001, 05:51 PM
By the hour!!! There are too many variables especially for leaf clean-up. One day the leaves will all be completely dry, you give them a price, you go to do the job a week later, it has rained for 3 days, now the leaves are soaking wet. Now the job will take at least double the time, but you already gave a price for how they looked at the time of the estimate. You only get paid for half of what the job should pay. I learned the hard way. Customers dont always like to pay by the hour, but usually if you explain this to them they completely understand.

SJR

BUSHMASTER
02-16-2001, 12:12 AM
Per day,what do i want to make...if it takes me 8 hours i charge a full good days cuttings +some and added expenses ie.fuel,hauling,tipping fees,bags,etc etc

Just Cut
02-16-2001, 12:16 AM
I charge by the hour plus the dump fee. I have found there are to many variables

Ron

GreenQuest Lawn
02-16-2001, 12:40 AM
mostly by the hour but some customers want a full price bid i always leave myself extra time if i do it that way. seems once i explain they figure hourly is the better way to go.

Runner
02-16-2001, 02:49 AM
I estimate what it will cost. How many hours, dumping fee(s), and equipment used, then I give a lump sum estimate. This way, if I sit down for a few, or take a break, I don't have to worry about the customers being concerned about what they're paying "by the hour". I can take whatever time necessary and do it right, and STILL make a bundle.

lsylvain
02-16-2001, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the info.

How much do you charge if you do figure it by the hour? What kind of mark-up from your cost?

I was also wondering if anyone has figured out any cool ways to figure out how much debris will come out of a clean-up? Like if you have 2" of leaves on the ground how many yards of leaves will that be (shreaded/not)