PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use the,"Personal Cooling System 2.0" Before?

joshlawn
04-17-2005, 06:28 PM
Personal Cooling System 2.0 - Found it on Sharper Image web site.
LINK IS HERE (http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/productdetails.jhtml?sku=SI758SL2#tabs)

I usually just put ice under my hat on the really hot days, but this may be more practical.?

Kickin Your Grass
04-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Never heard of it.

gogetter
04-17-2005, 08:01 PM
I've seen it on QVC before, have never tried it, but it looks cumbersome and uncomfortable to have that thing around your neck.

Have you seen those things that look like a bandanna and have like gel or something in them that you soak in water and tie it around your neck? They look like they may be more comfortable to wear.

NoobLawnJockey
04-18-2005, 12:42 AM
Have you seen those things that look like a bandanna and have like gel or something in them that you soak in water and tie it around your neck? They look like they may be more comfortable to wear.

No, I haven't seen those but I will check it out.
Thanx,
JoshLawn

gogetter
04-18-2005, 09:29 AM
No, I haven't seen those but I will check it out.
Thanx,
JoshLawn

Here it is,
the Cooldanna (http://www.roshgo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=00800)

They have bandannas, vests, etc.
I haven't tried these, but have thought about it. I have used a small wet towel around the back of my neck, and it does cool me down a bit. So I would think the Cooldanna would work, and probably stay cooler longer then a regular towel.

redoak77
04-18-2005, 09:24 PM
dont bother, my grandma had one and i tried it out. It was alright but i really couldn't know tell difference. Not one of sharper images best products

Lawnmedics
07-17-2005, 12:24 AM
Used it today it worked pretty well. I noticed the difference when I took it off and went back to work. Everything felt hotter. It did not stop me from sweating but did take the edge off of the heat.

topsites
07-17-2005, 02:50 PM
hmmmm maybe in a dry climate it may work somewhat like a swamp cooler but here in humid virginia, I think the water would only make things worse.

sheshovel
07-17-2005, 03:14 PM
Those bandannas are heavy and dont stay cool long enough for me.I think I might give this a try,anything is better than nothing.By the way you need to sweat it cools your bod.

C&KLawnCare
07-18-2005, 09:25 AM
For me i use a water cooler in the back of the truck and extra cup's . For me and the crew i have on hand 3-4 gallon milk jug's , and two spray bottles you can spray your self down or dump water down over you . Man that works perfect . Helped out alot on my Tri_State job trimming Hot humid no brezze moving whewwwwwww 2:00 i would head to the barn

skurkp
07-20-2005, 05:15 PM
I have used the collar before, not this particular one but something like it. They were more expensive and worked well but they do become a pain in the neck. LOL