PDA

View Full Version : scrubs

1stclasslawns
05-10-2000, 08:10 AM
While walking into the local wal-mart yesterday, right after the rain quit. I saw some of the local scrubs, loading up their new equipment, a 10 hp 30&quot; cut murry rear engine rider. I just thought If they only knew what real equipment would do. As I got into the store I over heard a coulpe of fellows talking, they said &quot;those guys are hard workers they do my yard and it takes them about 2 hours.&quot; <br>I know where this guy lives and he only has about 1/2 an acre. Just for curisioty sake I ask how much they got he said 25.00. Then he noticed my shirt he ask me how much I'd charge I said about the same but I'd be in and out in about 30 min. by myself. He asked how? &quot;there aint no way you can mow my yard in less then an hour&quot;<br>I looked right at him and said work smarter not harder, on your way out go look at the equipment on my trailer and pointed to where it was at. I got my charcoal and when I went out the to old geezers were looking my equipment over hard. I got to the truck and the other old fart asked &quot;what in the world is that thing?&quot; I said THAT gentlemen is a lawn mower, unlike those over there that just claim to be.<br>Like I said I had to laugh, last year there were 2 ztr mowers used commercilly in my town, a grasshopper and my cub cadet. Tward the end of the season another crew bought an exmark they bought another one this year, the guy with the grasshopper now has a gravely, and I have my Great Dane. Real mowing has arrived in the backwoods!

Toroguy
05-10-2000, 09:02 AM
Naturalawn,<br>Sounds like you have a monopoly on the lawn buisness. I hope the Firefighting equipment is as modern as your gear:) You'll probably see that 30&quot; being returned on your next charcoal run!