PDA

View Full Version : Longest Day ever?

Eho
04-17-2005, 11:08 PM
I saw the post about the longest day on a ZTR and it made me wonder...what is yalls longest day ever. What kind of work was it and how many hours was it. Anybody ever just bust it from sun rise to sunset ? I m sure many people do that everyday but there has to be one in particular that sticks out. I d love to hear how many lawns or what kind of work yall did in a day. I dont really have a "long" day due to the fact that I m still small. Last week I worked a couple of eight hour days which I want to do more often as I add the lawns. An eight hour day with nothing but a 21 inch mower was a decent workout but I d love to hear some of yalls stories.
EHO

northwest lawn
04-17-2005, 11:10 PM
last season pulled a 15 hour day doing a huge clean up job around a ravine. just did 90 homes in my big development saturday. two guys mowing one trimming lol long hot day./

heavenlydeere
04-17-2005, 11:24 PM
i've never put in a long day on my ztr but i have done 4 hrs on it and i really feel sorry for any one who has ridden longer!!!

Itsgottobegreen
04-18-2005, 12:06 AM
An eight hour day with nothing but a 21 inch mower was a decent workout but I d love to hear some of yalls stories.
EHO
The sales guy at the local dealer said he mowed his 3 acres with a 21" mower. Just to see if he could do it in one day. He normally cuts his grass with a Kubota L series with a 72" deck and a A/C cab.

promower
04-18-2005, 01:14 AM
22 hours plowing this year, that sucked, my body crashed as soon as I walked into the house.
55 no sleep when I was in college working on a project. I had a part time job at the time that I worked from 1 am to 6 am, during that long stretch I went to work twice before I finally got to go to bed.

Jeff@SGLC.ca
04-18-2005, 01:43 AM
I used to pull some pretty near 24 hour stints on getting projects done for shows coming up the weekend of. My regular routine now is 9am till 11pm pretty much every day of the week. I have pulled some 9am till 4am's regularly as well. Yes I'm a glutten for punishment. Causes a few disagreements as well when someone wants to head home early on an 8 hour shift though....lazy ass ppl I say lol.

northwest lawn
04-18-2005, 01:46 AM
yea i aslo have pulled around 20-24 hours of plowing this season, very crazy. my dad on the other plwoed for two days straight a while ago said it was freeky to see the sun come up twice lol

Grassmechanic
04-18-2005, 07:51 AM
36 hrs plowing snow. Saw the sun come up twice without going to sleep. :dizzy: payup

mdmowerman
04-18-2005, 08:54 AM
60+ hrs school/work/homework all night..... started the 3rd day no sleep, feel asleep on the walkbehind, as soon as hit the well pipe and woke up i packed it up, called it a day, and feel asleep in the truck

LwnmwrMan22
04-18-2005, 10:01 AM
I used to pull some pretty near 24 hour stints on getting projects done for shows coming up the weekend of. My regular routine now is 9am till 11pm pretty much every day of the week. I have pulled some 9am till 4am's regularly as well. Yes I'm a glutten for punishment. Causes a few disagreements as well when someone wants to head home early on an 8 hour shift though....lazy ass ppl I say lol.

I'm with Jeff, about 14 hour days, 7 days / week in the summer, except I'm usually from 7 am to about 9 pm.

56 hours plowing. Woke up in the right lane of the freeway on the way to another account, decided it was time to head home. Had 16" of snow over 2 1/2 days straight so had to keep driving around in circles to keep the commercial stuff open.

Last year I did a 22 hour day mowing. We had had so much rain I finally had a day where it wasn't raining so I started at 3 am and pulled back home at 1 am.

I only do commercial, and most of them have lights on them all night, so you can see just fine, even for trimming.

pwarren4
04-18-2005, 12:06 PM
last season pulled a 15 hour day doing a huge clean up job around a ravine. just did 90 homes in my big development saturday. two guys mowing one trimming lol long hot day./

90?!?!?!?

uhummm.....

TScapes
04-18-2005, 12:36 PM
Back in '96, I lived in Atlanta when the Olympics came to town. We had properties downtown that were closed off to vehicular traffic except between the hours of midnight to 5 am. Several of our other properties were affected to due to their proximity to events. It was a Wednesday evening, about 6pm and we were just about to go home, when someone had to idea to come back at 10pm and start our day. :help: We did not stop until 6:30am on Friday. We mowed for 36 hours straight, only taking breaks for meals. ;) We did only commercial office parks, so they were well lit and empty. I did that several other times that summer, just not for 36 hours, more like 20 or so. Our days always started at 3 am, and we typically finished about 5:30 pm everyday. That summer I averaged 75 hours in 5 days. :dizzy: Never again!!! I keep my guys at 40!!! :D

paponte
04-18-2005, 02:11 PM
36 hrs plowing snow. Saw the sun come up twice without going to sleep. :dizzy: payup

LOL, glad to see I'm not hte only crazy one. 36hrs straight plowing, and for landscape work we pulled a 7am-11pm once with 4 guys. payup

Duramax99
04-18-2005, 02:28 PM
6:30 in the morning to 9:30 at night fertilizing houses. 10 pallets of fert that day with 1 other guy. Two spreaders and a Z with mounted spreader.

northwest lawn
04-19-2005, 01:27 AM
yes me and another guy did 90 homes this past saturday

alpine692003
04-19-2005, 01:39 AM
7am - 9pm.

Mowing, had to stop couldn't see anymore.. we were leaving mohawks.

spoolinaround
04-19-2005, 01:47 AM
yes me and another guy did 90 homes this past saturday
I gotta call bull**** on this unless you are doing mobile home trailers

language

spoolinaround
04-19-2005, 01:50 AM
and longest day mowing was 30 hours strait when we had 4-5 days of rain last year, I finally said f-it and bought a friggin wetsuit and cut in the rain, it ended about 6-8 hours into my mowing marathon