PDA

View Full Version : Shrub Removal / Stump Grinding

3sons
04-18-2005, 11:30 AM
I have a potential customer that wants 94 shrubs removed. The problem is that the shrubs are close to sidewalks and walls. To avoid damaging this property, I decided to use a chainsaw to cut the shrub (2-3" in diameter) close to the ground and then come back and stump grind what is left. How much would you guys charge for this type of service?

Duramax99
04-18-2005, 01:18 PM
Do you own or are you renting a stump grinder??
How big are the shrubs?? Can you dig out the stumps? If they are small enough this a a easy task.

3sons
04-18-2005, 01:31 PM
I will have to rent a stump grinder. Thought I'd just build in an equipment charge. Could probably dig out the roots, but thought it faster to use the grinder. Your advise is appreciated.

IMoLwnz.com
04-18-2005, 02:13 PM
stumps the size of my had I charge about 50 bucks If there are that many..
Id say about 800 to grind the stumps. Should take about 8 hrs to do all that figuring about 5 min a stump + clean up time so about 1000.00 to do it without seeing.

Id say about 2500- 3000 for the removal nd disposal Not knowing how big the stuff is though..

DowntoEarthLLC
04-19-2005, 07:34 PM
what did that guy just say ? :blob3:

muddstopper
04-19-2005, 09:09 PM
For me, a lot would depend on just how much shrub there was that needed removing. The stumps would go fast, couple of hours max,( you did say 2-3 inch max size) but I would still charge $10 per stump or $940 and then probably $10 per shrub for sawing them down. Another $940 or $1800 total and then the disposal fee.

stumper1620
04-19-2005, 10:28 PM
How deep are you planning to grind the stumps, I charge a buck and a half an inch as measured at the very base of the stump, It would take more time transporting stump to stump than to grind them 6" deep with a good grinder,
each stump would take about 3 miniutes with my grinder, dont hit the concrete with the wheel thou, thats bad. measure them up and get your united inches, charge 2 bucks an inch or sub it out to someone with a good grinder, I consider rentals as half a@@ machines.
better yet go to your local rayco or vermeer dealer and tell them you want to demo a good hydro for a day. :D
I wish I was in Pa. I like those rates!! payup payup