PDA

View Full Version : Lesco beginning to PISS ME OFF~!!

PetalsandPines
04-18-2005, 10:51 PM
Can Any of you Lesco people that sponsor this site from corporate headquarters tell me why the HELL the posting flag sticks are on backorder and there is no Dimension 19-0-6 to be found in Western New York??? For god's sake all I hear is that the truck is on the way....Call the damn truck and corporate HQ and send it here. 2 weeks of beautiful weather and I can't get any product down. 6,000 boxes of posting sticks on backorder???? What kind of morons are running the show in Ohio, this stuff should be in stock and ready to go NOW :realmad:

kootoomootoo
04-18-2005, 10:55 PM
The same halfwits in management are probably six sigma followers... :)

Williams Services
04-18-2005, 10:56 PM
I think things started changing when Dimino came on.

PetalsandPines
04-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Anyone know if there is an alternative to Lesco in the Western New York Area??? I need posting sign sticks now and need an alternative to lesco immediately. I was told 6 boxes were on the truck....Truck came in and it was 6 boxes of sod staples. ;)

Lawnchoice
04-18-2005, 11:01 PM
That is some hardcore yellies!

mower_babe
04-18-2005, 11:53 PM
Blackburn Flags - awesome.

BTW - have a small question for you P&P. When did you request the flags and did you wait til the last minute? I ordered from Blackburn and got the flags with my own logo on it in less than 5 days. More expensive than lesco, but worth it. I could not complain.

PetalsandPines
04-18-2005, 11:59 PM
I got the flags, ran out of sticks. The sticks is what I need ASAP....Any suggestions??? I will place an order with blackburn... I just got to get my apps done this week though!

mower_babe
04-19-2005, 12:17 AM
Ok, Calm down. I got it. Ready? Ok, go to store and purchase 500 boxes of popsicles. Now, get in your truck with the 500 boxes of popsicles, make like the ice cream man and sell those damn popsicles. Make the kids eat them while you are standing there and take the popsicle stick add a glue stick and voila! According to my calculations, 500 boxes of popsicles at 12 count = 6,000 pesticide sticks. Perfect. Problem solved AND you can turn a profit. Think about it....

OR

Better idea...You could drive around town and pick up the competitions' pesticide signs since they already have their apps down already and "Recycle" the sticks. The tree huggers would love it! Might take you awhile to find 6,000 old spraying signs, though.

Just kiddin' Actually I would call Blackburn and ask them if you could get JUST the sticks rushed to you. You will pay more, but they can overnite them. I don't see how you couldn't have them by Wednesday. I guess that is what I would do, if I were boxed in the corner like that.

PetalsandPines
04-19-2005, 08:08 AM
No not here in NY, your going to need 18" popsicle sticks. Here in NY a child should be able to read the sign. In their infinite wisdom they settled on 18-20" sticks that can be seen at or near eye level for children with the dog and child on the sign.....Funny that a study found that the child was attracted to the cute dog in the sign.

lawnservice
04-19-2005, 08:58 AM
typical lesco crap

call UHS (or Verdicon) for your product needs and as mentioned blackburn flags.

Duramax99
04-19-2005, 01:24 PM
PetalsandPonds you don't have any other suppliers that you could use???

Runner
04-19-2005, 04:32 PM
There IS no question that Lesco is starting to really drop the ball in SEVERAL aspects.

PetalsandPines
04-19-2005, 10:49 PM
Unfortunately most of our pesticide education course instructors here are "in bed" with Lesco so I was never exposed to alternative suppliers....WNY'ers please chime in.

tocs93
04-20-2005, 12:15 AM
No Dimension 19-0-6 in Western PA either for a while. And they also don't have any markers here either. Rep told me that he would order them.