PDA

View Full Version : juicy grass

Gus
05-09-2000, 08:49 PM
There`s a lawn I do which grows like crazy and the clippings are loaded with moisture.<br>If you pick up a handful of the clippings you can literally wring green juice out of them.<br>Any body got any ideas what would make grass do this? Also this stuff sticks to concrete like glue!! We have to be careful to keep the mowers tires of the walks or you get green tracks.<p>----------<br>gus....<br>

AB Lawn Care
05-09-2000, 09:19 PM
I don't know where you live but you decribed the grass I cut every day??????????????<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care

Gus
05-09-2000, 09:55 PM
I`m in michigan where there is a variety of grasses but this is a first for me........<p>----------<br>gus....<br>

AB Lawn Care
05-09-2000, 10:07 PM
Well all I can teel you is that I live in southren Ontario So I am just across the lake.Maby my grass only grows in here and there in your area??????<p><p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care

grasscapeinc
05-10-2000, 07:59 AM
Tell me about it!!! Stickier than super glue! I don't even get me started on the &quot;I grow 4 inches a day&quot; dandelions!

lawnworker
05-10-2000, 08:39 AM
do the words over fertilized mean anything to you?

1stclasslawns
05-10-2000, 08:49 AM
Im glad Im not the only one that has the stuff. The TV cable people have reworked some underground cables and hydro seeded the top and thats what they seeded with. I agree with the above over fertilized! I got rained out about noon one day last week on a set of apartments, had the mowing done it rained for that day and the next, when I went back I had tore mow the crap had grown 3 1/2 inches. in less then 48 hours! I mow the patches two times a week just to keep ahead of the stuff.

grasscapeinc
05-10-2000, 09:14 AM
overfertilized? hardly.