PDA

View Full Version : Hey Z Spray Owners

ant
04-19-2005, 06:26 PM
Have any of you ran into a situation where you felt the Z SPRAY JR. was "too large" or "too much machine" for a lawn that the PG CENTRI was fine for?

Tscape
04-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Have any of you ran into a situation where you felt the Z SPRAY JR. was "too large" or "too much machine" for a lawn that the PG CENTRI was fine for?

Man, I have the Z-spray SS, and the only time a lawn is too small to do with it, is if it has a 36" gate.

ant
04-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Man, I have the Z-spray SS, and the only time a lawn is too small to do with it, is if it has a 36" gate.

turfscape: what is the ss ? stainless steel?
do you trailer yours?
i need to look into other means ...this pg ride on keeps breaking down..
ant

Tscape
04-19-2005, 10:50 PM
I think the SS is stainless steel. I mean it is stainless steel, i know that, but it has a 200lb hopper 2x20 gallon tanks and trays to hold 2 50 lb bags. It is there "big boy". I do trailer it in a 14x7 trailer, dual axle that also holds my Lesco spreader, backpack sprayer, backpack blower, and up to 2 pallets of fert. Plus when I get it lettered it will be a rolling billboard.

Enviro Green
04-19-2005, 11:27 PM
The z is a lot of machine, but I love it.

Turfscape, help me out here,

How do you treat a lawn, start with an outer lap, or do you just go back and forth? Is that a clear question?

Thanks!

EG

Tscape
04-20-2005, 03:29 AM
The z is a lot of machine, but I love it.

Turfscape, help me out here,

How do you treat a lawn, start with an outer lap, or do you just go back and forth? Is that a clear question?

Thanks!

EG

Depends on the lawn I guess, but a counter-clockwise lap is good. I usually break off and do the back whie I am there then finish the lap in front.

Pilgrims' Pride
04-20-2005, 08:20 AM
Ant,

Spend the money.
Get the smaller z if you have lots of fenced in properties.
If not, The z-max does it all.

BTW guys I apply in counter clockwise pattern, making smaller circles till I get to the middle. Then one straight pass up the middle. Seems to work well.

Enviro Green
04-20-2005, 11:22 PM
What about applying a higer rate of herbicide while makingyour turns that might damage turf?

I am open for suggestions, I am still using a straight line type pattern, and it works good on some lawns but not on all of them.

Thanks!

EG

ant
04-21-2005, 12:04 AM
thanks guys ----
ant

Enviro Green
04-21-2005, 12:11 AM
Ant,

Oh, to answer your question,

I now have a chest spreader and the z. That's about it. LOL

I have a covered trailer for the z. Don't spend 8K and leave it in the rain. I also bought a 100 gallon tank with pump and reel to use as a nurse tank, and I can also use to treat lawns. The biggest issue you will have is have a tank sprayer for the smaller yards, and filling the z

Spend the $

I did.

EG