PDA

View Full Version : BOBCAT RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIG'EM
02-15-2001, 10:51 PM
Ihave tried case, gehl, jonh deere, and bobcat. I bought a bobcat 773 , with backhoe attachment, auger, pallet forks,and concrete bucket. Ilike the best what about you?

DIG'EM
02-15-2001, 11:10 PM
come guys tell me what your favorite is and why you like it.

paul
02-15-2001, 11:17 PM
New Holland here, Bobcat just doesn't lift enough, Case nice machine but $6K for 100 lbs of lift sorry, Gehil don't like the controls, John Derre dosn't hold up, Cat can't lift, and the others just not there yet.

Shack
02-15-2001, 11:36 PM
New Holland, love the long wheel base.

DIG'EM
02-16-2001, 12:02 AM
What do you mean wont lift e-nuff. Mine lifts most everthing iwant to.

paul
02-16-2001, 12:24 AM
I would love to see it lift these:)

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1504403&a=11355595&p=41074630&Sequence=0&res=high

WALT
02-16-2001, 12:33 AM
I have used Bobcat, New holland, and Case. My prefence was the New Holland becase it had more nuts. Case was smooth and tough and once I got used to the hand controls, it was a joy to operate. Bobcat is a good all around machine, and is what I use now, most often. The skid steers I use are not the most well maintained, so as far as durabillity when they are beat up on,I know first hand in that case. The AIR BOSS wheels on a New Holland skid steer was a great set-up. My .02 cents

diggerman
02-16-2001, 12:47 AM
We use have a Case 90xt,reasons

1 only one with air when I ordered it
2 the only one available with ride control and belive me it makes a big diffrence
3 the only machine with hydralic bucket coupler that has its own circut
4 full servo control
5 all of this and a two speed as well

Need I say more,
I also have air boss tires that I ordered new with the last 1845c I bought.They are wonder full for demolition,for increasing lifting capacity,and using around building site.As for dirt work they are fair until the tread wears.The idea of the replacable sections is a myth because of tread wear this is impossible with out major back damage,replacement sections are a fortune,airboss' can not be used for snow.So my opinion unless you fit into the positive categories listed above,foam fill a GOOD set of heavy walled skidsteer tires.

EarthTech Landscapes
02-16-2001, 05:44 AM
I hane used Bobcat skidsteers for years, i have tried others but have always came back to bobcat. The main reason is the ease of operation for inexperienced users. I'm actually thinking of buying the new 864 trak machine. It is awesome on soft muddy ground and hills. plus it can lift a whole pallet of blocks or sod.

Stonehenge
02-16-2001, 11:51 AM
Paul - Did your new JD die out on you? From reading your post it sounds like it might have.

We've got a Gehl 6635 sxt, and love it. I don't like foot pedals at all, too much opportunity to step on pedal (and then I worry about lockout mechanism failing, even partially, and injuring someone). I've had nothing but good luck with Gehl's, both my own and when I worked elsewhere. We'll likely be buying a Gehl 4000 model sometime this year. I think the controls are the easiest around.

If NH offered a model without pedals for bucket control, I'd give it heavy consideration. I like the low-low center of gravity and Paul's always whispering in my ear about how good they are.

Gehl also offers a 2 speed. I never thought 12.5 mph would feel so fast!!

paul
02-16-2001, 12:23 PM
Stonehenge, The John Deere didn't hold up to the abuse of lifting, we unloaded it this winter:) Someone needed it to move snow bad, didn't lose too much on it:(
From what I understand you can now order them with hand controls so might want to give NH a look see.
http://www.newholland.com/construction/products/LS190.asp

[Edited by paul on 02-16-2001 at 11:46 AM]

cat320
02-16-2001, 12:40 PM
I alwas liked the NH but Liked the JD more for the service point of veiw but never tried one BUt NH has always been my choice better than BC.

SLSNursery
02-16-2001, 12:51 PM
We run a Case 1840 and are very happy with it. I am always thinking about getting another one, and will probably stay with Case. We have a dealer nearby, and I am always in favor of buying something from a local dealer rather than saving a few bucks at purchase price, then relying on a 1/2 hour or 1 hour trip to get parts or service.

dan deutekom
02-16-2001, 03:39 PM
I love operating our case 1845c. It just works and works and I love the hand controls. My ankles just arn,t flexible enough for those foot controls.

Pard
02-16-2001, 05:03 PM
Stonehenge

We own a New Holland with hand controls. Just tell them that you want them and they will install them for you. The dealer claimed that they were better than Case's hand controls but I disagree. However, in my opionion the overall machine with hand controls beats the tar out of case. Of course that is just my opioin.
Pard

diggerman
02-18-2001, 01:53 AM
Trouble with most peoples comparison to Case it is inreguard to the 1840's and 1845's,there is no comparison when talking about the 75xt to 95xt.With full servo hand controls ease of operation is unparalleled.

WALT
02-18-2001, 03:02 AM
I do remember that, altough it has been some time since I ran that case (5 yrs), that memory of the smoothness of the controls really stands out. I'm sure it was an XT model, but can't remember the specific size. I completly agree with you. I never knew those details you gave, but now I know, and knowing is half the battle!

Henry
02-18-2001, 06:51 PM
Paul,

How old was your JD? I bought the 240 back in June and have no problem unloading pallets of sod or block off a truck. I also got the hand controls. wouldn't buy one without them.

paul
02-18-2001, 07:32 PM
It was less than a year old:( One of the first 270's with 2 speed trans. problem was the torque tube in the back broke on us twice, JD fixed it both times but we felt it wouldn't hold up.

concrete man
02-19-2001, 10:11 PM
Hey DIG'EM you out of date bobcat owner. I finally found you. I like a bobcat 773 just fine it lifts everything I need it to lift. It will haul in 1/2 yard of crete at a time. It's an awesome machine. Is that what you wanted me to say?

DIG'EM
02-21-2001, 11:10 PM
You know it really depends on what your use to.Ive owned my bobcat for 5 years and it has done everything Ived asked it to do. That is the whole thing .the main thing is TLB's dont have a clue . The skid steer loader is king on the construction site. Ibuild houses and dig graves when ihave time i do skidloader work. Ienjoy skidloader work the best and can makereally good money at it!Iwant to see everyones skid loader on here . I will get a picture of my and put it on here. NO JOB TOO BIG OR SMALL ME AND MY BOBCAT CAN DO IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paul
02-21-2001, 11:22 PM
As soon as Bobcat can lift those stones then I'll buy one.
Untill then New Holland Rules

DIG'EM
02-22-2001, 12:05 AM
pAUL WHAT WAS THE WEIGHT of those stones . I've picked up a whole pallet of 3dimnesional shingles before they weigh about 3400 pounds . Icould only get them about 3 in up. I'll have to get a picture of mine picking up some thing too!!!

paul
02-22-2001, 12:42 AM
those pallets weigh about 4000 lbs

DIG'EM
02-22-2001, 07:51 AM
PAUL what is the specs on your machine ?

DIG'EM
02-22-2001, 06:22 PM
Paul have you seen the 7000 series GEHL? check out their site .They claim to have the strongest, fastest, and lift the highest. It has 110 hp, pickup 3600pd(more if you count tipover),lift 12ft high.

capital
02-22-2001, 09:28 PM
Paul,

I need a little help. We rolled our Bobcat 873 on the interstate two weeks ago. Now I have to get a new machince. The 873 will lift 4000 pounds like your New Holland but I was wondering if you had some more spec information on your new holland setup. Also if you could tell me the size of trailer you use and the axle weights on the trailer if you know. I have to get a whole new setup since the insurance company is claiming the trailer, bobcat and attachments for salvage. Thanks much for your time. Phil

paul
02-22-2001, 10:17 PM
Phil, here is New Hollands site for there LS190 http://www.newholland.com/construction/products/LS190.asp
as to trailers we use Cronkite trailers don't know if they have a web page will check. all trailers are 14,400 GVW or better.

captdevo
02-28-2001, 08:00 AM
New HollandThe only name in skid steer!!!!

diggerman
02-28-2001, 08:21 AM
Yes it is,if your a farmer cleaning hog lots,other wise buy a Case,Cat,or Bobcat

captdevo
02-28-2001, 08:50 AM
Case.....Rolls over easily, unstable, Cat......lots of maintenance, expensive parts, Bobcat.....all the above!!!! New holland = work horse
Hog confinements are a great testing site, where else are you gonna be knee deep in $h!t.

Mike Nelson
02-28-2001, 11:08 AM
:p I use a JD744,has a lot of power,don't have to worry about tipping,and it can out pick any of yours Guaranteed!!!

I can make it Skid and I can make it Steer so this qualifies Right?

Learned a lot from you guys on this thread. Keep up the great discussion.

diggerman
02-28-2001, 10:59 PM
Sorry Mike still a Deere,which means weak motors.Buy Cat if you want service and dependability.Not only that but for those of us who construction equipment is our business and not seasonal, we need a company with a full line of equipment not some lame line up that includes things like out dated 850 dozers, no crawler loaders unless you buy a Liebear,skidloaders serviced by farm implement and lawn care dealers,so you can have them JDs.As for Case skidloaders the one nonCat product that I like,if you think they are tippy you need some more experience,I ran 1845s for 20yrs with only one incident and that was my fault.As for the new Case series you are right it most likely not for you,it is really geared more toward serious operators, and those who want speed,dependability,comfort and power in one package.The rest do ok lifting the occational sod pallet,or bucket of landscape rock,maybe even load a truckload of wood chips,but when it comes to digging a basement in a tight spot in the woods and loading it in trucks or digging a pond in someones back yard there is only one the 90 series Case

John DiMartino
02-28-2001, 11:13 PM
Mike-I love it.I think you settled the who's can lift more thing.I highly doubt that big 744 JD has a weak motor Dig.

diggerman
03-01-2001, 11:21 AM
Not weak in relation to HP but longevity, every Deere I have ever owned has had very few hours on it before a overhaul was needed or started to have alot of blow by.JD wheel loaders are by far their best accomplishment but since they are a small bright spot in a limited product line,it is hard to give much of a glowing overall review of JD as a whole.

DIGEM
03-04-2001, 05:33 PM
It doesnt matter, what ever your use to is what is the best!!!Mybobcat is 5 years old I just paid it off,that is the best machine of all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cat320
03-04-2001, 08:49 PM
that is the best machine a paid one! Unless you rent them all the time or lease.

DIGEM
03-04-2001, 10:53 PM
Iworked 5 years digging graves not getting 1 penny. Igave it all to my father and he made the payments. Now the machine,all attachments,trailer, and truck are mine.Been a long 5 years but it was worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!