PDA

View Full Version : Help

mole
04-20-2005, 08:55 AM
I'm having a real problem getting my caps to come out correct when cutting them. Have tried just about everything. Is there any easy way?. even when I cut one then flip the other over to get the exact line that I need it still does'nt come out. Just looking for some GOOD advise. The wall has a 23 ft gradual curve to it that's where i am now

WhohasHelios?
04-20-2005, 10:37 PM
I'm having a real problem getting my caps to come out correct when cutting them. Have tried just about everything. Is there any easy way?. even when I cut one then flip the other over to get the exact line that I need it still does'nt come out. Just looking for some GOOD advise. The wall has a 23 ft gradual curve to it that's where i am now

What are you using to cut with?

I like wet saws myself, they do a great job. Other than that, I just use a grinder and score them nice and deeply, then chisel the score line.

-Reuben

mole
04-21-2005, 09:48 AM
it's all done. but thanks anyway

Smithers
08-15-2005, 10:36 PM
it's all done. but thanks anyway
scott, how did you find out the correct way to cut them? i am doing a 91 inch OD diameter curved wall and the caps are all messed up. i dont know how to cut them.

any suggestions?

bigandy
08-26-2005, 11:20 PM
We use a gas powered Target masonry saw to cut the caps. If you are working from left to right on the wall, cut only the left edge of the cap by laying it on the cap preceding it and a scrap under where it will finally lay. Either eyeball or use a tape measure to get your shadow or setback averaged on the curve of your wall and then reach under the left side of the block with a long pencil and mark it where that cap meets the prededing cap.