PDA

View Full Version : Where do you stockpile your base aggregate?

mbella
04-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Just curious, where do you guys stockpile your base aggregate? I dump it in the road, if possible, or on the driveway. Where do you guys place it?

bigviclbi
04-20-2005, 10:17 PM
We have all new rules in place due to density and nothing can be dumped in street. Completely sucks when doing small lots with no room for amything. I love to dump in the road right next to the curb if I know I can use it all up in one day.

treedoc1
04-20-2005, 10:17 PM
Make sure no vehicles are blocked in, then the closest spot on a hard surface to the job. Typically the longest the customer is inconvenienced is over night.

No wheels on the dump trucks leave pavement.

cgland
04-20-2005, 10:18 PM
I usually dump in the driveway. If the drive is too steep or short then, as a last resort we dump in the street. Just make sure that whatever is in the street you use before you leave. You can get in trouble real quick if someone runs into your pile or the township sees it. (been there!)

Chris

mbella
04-20-2005, 11:13 PM
I should have qualified my "dump in the street" comment. Typically, we dump in the street in new developments. These are developments with streets that aren't top coated.

So, you guys scrape your stone off of finished driveways?

mbella
04-20-2005, 11:14 PM
I usually dump in the driveway. If the drive is too steep or short then, as a last resort we dump in the street. Just make sure that whatever is in the street you use before you leave. You can get in trouble real quick if someone runs into your pile or the township sees it. (been there!)

Chris

Chris, this question was only for professionals, no need for you to reply. Just kidding.

cgland
04-21-2005, 05:52 PM
Well if I can't give advice, can I get some pricing help?

Chris

cgland
04-21-2005, 09:55 PM
We do scrape off of finished drives. Depending on the job we sometimes give the customer a GC for driveway sealing. We have a deal worked out with a local co.

Chris

mbella
04-21-2005, 11:52 PM
We do scrape off of finished drives. Depending on the job we sometimes give the customer a GC for driveway sealing. We have a deal worked out with a local co.

Chris

Good idea.....