PDA

View Full Version : Blue Mountain Stone

mbella
04-21-2005, 12:20 AM
Previously, I think I posted asking if anybody used Blue Mountain Stone. Nobody did. Well, we just finished a small job, on which we used Blue Mountain Stone and I like it. It looks much more real than EP Henry Devonstone. From 5' away, I can't tell if it's real or not. I will post pics soon.

cgland
04-21-2005, 10:50 PM
Pic Please!

mbella
04-22-2005, 01:02 AM
Pic Please!

Hey, some of us are busy working, not running around like junior photographers taking pictures of every 13 riser set of steps we build. Yeah right, like we build them every day. I'll tell you again, those steps look great.

I'll get the pics up as soon as I can. On our rain day meeting, I'll take you out to the site. For what it is, I think you'll like it. I was pleasantly suprised. The patio is roughly 500 sq. ft. You'll laugh when I tell you that we installed approximately 60 tons of aggregate underneath. Honestly, if the Limerick power plant melts down, the only thing left standing in the surrounding counties might be that patio.

mbella
04-22-2005, 01:03 AM
Hey, some of us are busy working, not running around like junior photographers taking pictures of every 13 riser set of steps we build. Yeah right, like we build them every day. I'll tell you again, those steps look great.

I'll get the pics up as soon as I can. On our rain day meeting, I'll take you out to the site. For what it is, I think you'll like it. I was pleasantly suprised. The patio is roughly 500 sq. ft. You'll laugh when I tell you that we installed approximately 60 tons of aggregate underneath. Honestly, if the Limerick power plant melts down, the only thing left standing in the surrounding counties might be that patio.

and your steps......

cgland
04-22-2005, 08:47 AM
ROFLMAO :laugh:

mbella
04-26-2005, 08:13 AM
Here are some pics. The arbs and white metal fence were done by the homeowner, not us. I tried to get some close shots so you can see the stone. It was drizzling when I took the pics, that's what you see on the surface of the stone. Also, the homeowner is going to stucco the foundation of the house which will improve the appearance.

cgland
04-26-2005, 07:03 PM
Very nice! :cool2: I like the look of that stone much better than the Devon stone. Great job.........for a non photographing hardscaper!
P.S. Did you use the standard 60 ton of base on this job....lol!

Chris

mbella
04-26-2005, 07:59 PM
Very nice! :cool2: I like the look of that stone much better than the Devon stone. Great job.........for a non photographing hardscaper!
P.S. Did you use the standard 60 ton of base on this job....lol!

Chris

Actually, I went a little over the standard of 60 tons, but we'll call it 60. The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that they sent me nine different sizes. My foreman wasn't very happy. From an aesthetic standpoint, I like the nine different sizes. However, from a production standpoint, I think it is a bit much. You can achieve the same random look with four or five sizes.

I'll tell you, from five feet away, I wouldn't bet my paycheck that it isn't real.

cgland
04-28-2005, 12:04 AM
What are the price points for this stuff? Worth the money or stick to natural blue stone?

Chris

mbella
04-28-2005, 12:13 AM
Less expensive materials ($3.40 sq.ft vs. $4.50) and less labor for installation (they are all the same thickness).

MarcusLndscp
05-01-2005, 09:45 AM
Looks good Mike! I bet the 9 sizes was less productive than the 4 or 5. So they wouldn't let you have the contract for installing that fine looking fencing??? LOL! Sometimes we get customers who ask us to stick something god awful looking like that in for them. My boss agreed to it once and it was such a PITA cause it never looks good and they think it was you that installed it poorly. You feel like telling them to call the Wal-Mart service department where they bought it and asking them to come professionally install it for them!!! Kind of funny the things clients ask you to do sometimes they really have no idea.
Take care and again the patio looks really nice!

mbella
05-01-2005, 04:44 PM
No, we didn't get the contract for the fencing. I am guilty of not taking a lot of pictures. I seem to go back after a job has been done for a week or so and by that time the homeowner's have usually added their touch with landscaping, furniture, etc. I actually removed all of the furniture for the pics.

cgland
05-02-2005, 12:34 AM
Well Mike! I guess being a junior photographer has it's advantages....LOL

Chris

GreenMonster
05-02-2005, 12:52 PM
Wow Mike! Looks GREAT! I hope to get into fencing someday too! :waving:

mbella
05-02-2005, 10:40 PM
Wow Mike! Looks GREAT! I hope to get into fencing someday too! :waving:

Yeah, this would have been a sweet first fence job, but there will be another one. I don't think she trusted us. Anyway, I wouldn't have known where to start as far as estimating.

MarcusLndscp
05-03-2005, 06:05 PM
LOL Mike :D