PDA

View Full Version : The Hill!

Mickhippy
04-21-2005, 10:40 AM
Just thought I'd share a few pics of a property I mowed this week!

Mickhippy
04-21-2005, 10:43 AM
Another angle!

Mickhippy
04-21-2005, 10:48 AM
Heres a view of the hole hill! The area under the track is where the other pics where taken.

See the Kangaroos? ;)

Mickhippy
04-21-2005, 11:00 AM
Make this the last one.

Heres looking down the hill from not quite the top. All the grassy areas had to be mowed.

Took 6hrs, the property total is 10acre but obviously not all was mowed. Couple of rainforest pockets, bush, dam, unmowable areas. Probably 7-8 acres mowed.

Was very scary at times!

A+ Lawncare
04-21-2005, 11:17 AM
wow.... good job

do you have any close up shots of those kangroos?

cleancutccl
04-21-2005, 11:22 AM
that would be torture on a hydrostatic transmission.

fga
04-21-2005, 11:27 AM
i see some brown spots. :)

screw the mowing, that's a beautiful view.

Up North
04-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Dang, you're lucky you didn't end up in that little billabong at the bottom of the hill!!!! That is some beautiful county, would love to see it firsthand some day. Good job!

Buck

Garth
04-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Except for the nude beaches, I don't miss Australia. Particularly after seeing a goliath bird-eating spider. Did love New Zealand though. Almost as many fellow bagpipers as back home. I know you lot despise the Kiwis. Some Maori went mad while I was there but apart from that we had a great time. Also when we got "snot-slingin' drunk" and ate kangaroo tail ( quite good,I remember) was fun. But you can keep the snakes and spiders and those little octopi as well as the monstrous crocs that kill everyone.

gl1200a
04-21-2005, 09:22 PM
Forget about the Hill. I want to know about that John Deere that mowers without a driver!

ECS
04-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Awesome pics and place. :)

Mickhippy
04-22-2005, 07:37 AM
Thanks for replies guys! Pretty pizzeed right now being Friday arvo but will try to reply to ya's!
Cheers ESC! Was a BIG job!

gl1200a ( Gallah) Mate, I have to say was most hard core job ever done. The JD dead set kicked azz and today mowed some nice manacured lawns with same mower/blades. No worries!

Its funny really, we Aussies have at least one of you Amcans not worrying about chopping a stick. Good on ya Gary!
Guys, there not that fragile! That block I had to run over branches as thich as ya arm! Plus star posts, stumps etc rocks as big as bricks. Home owner JD tractor kicked azz! Ztr would of killed me! But still want one!

Garth, If our animals scared ya, you have no hope with the women! :angry:

Cheers North! It is great place to live. I actually drove the JD to the job from my place. Took 5 mins to get there. There was know where to park a ute and trailer. 2wd wouldnt of got me up the track anyway!

fga, mate, (brown spots :rolleyes: )the place was slashed/bushogged 4 to 6 weeks ago. Then they called me to clean it up, called a pro! heeeee. :cool2: Grass was 3-4foot high before the slasher went through! I had it pretty easy other than the angles!

cleancutcc, you saw what I mowed it with! JD's Still going strong! It better cos it might have to do it every fortnight!

A+ Roos Mate, I aint the croc hunter! "Ay crikey" hehe

Like I said, pretty pizzed right now . Sorry if missed anyone or..... :help: hehe Brazilian Beer on tonight! :p

John P.
04-22-2005, 10:13 PM
What model John Deere is that and how do you like it?

Mickhippy
04-23-2005, 11:02 AM
John, its a 2yr old X595. Its uo to 520hrs now and running well. Recomend it to anyone that needs a 4wd.

RedWingsDet
04-23-2005, 11:06 AM
Gosh, that view is beautiful. When can I come work for you?

Mickhippy
04-23-2005, 11:22 AM
Tuesday but ya have to bring own equipment and pay me $20/h for the privilege! :waving: Still wanna come ova! hehe

Your right though. It is a great place to live and only 7mins to some of the nicest beaches on the planet, not to mention the surf! :cool2:

SOMM
04-28-2005, 06:45 PM
not on a dixie or a bobcat hydro cleancutccl, it'd be hell on all BELT drives !!

flippin hey Mick !
real nice shots, saved to backgrounds!!
we look forward to more posts !!

Mickhippy
04-29-2005, 03:20 AM
Thanks SOMM,
Heres a pic of a little rainforest pocket thats on the property......

Mickhippy
04-29-2005, 03:31 AM
Heres one where they want to put the house. It slopes off badly to the left and was the roughest ground I ever been on. Little tunnel ants nests everywhere. Spine shatterer! :dizzy:

Up North
04-29-2005, 10:03 AM
Hey Mickhippy,
Put up a few more pics if you have them, I can't get enough of that beautiful area. How many Brown snakes did you kick up while mowing that turf?

Buck

Mickhippy
05-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Thanks North, this is the last one of the pond on the property.

No snakes as season must be over and the little diesel must scare them off before I get them. Been very lucky really as rarely see them. They scare the hell out me though.

fearthedeere
05-02-2005, 02:10 PM
Did you have to engage your 4wd any on that prop? I have had an X485 for a few years, but sometimes have wished for the 4wd. Nice mower!

Mickhippy
05-02-2005, 07:55 PM
FTD, It was mostly in 4wd. I love the fact that its so easy to engage and disengage while on the move. Only time it was 2wd is when needed a sharp turn or it was flat (not often).

Im glad I went 4wd as 2 would of been useless around here!