PDA

View Full Version : Humic Acid

SUPRASPORT
04-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Does anyone here use humic acid as soil amendment, and has it made a noticeable difference?---Todd

nocutting
04-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Hi Todd, yea we use it on sandy soils mostly [ for lawns] and in landscaped beds with broadleafed evergreens and hydranga....Noticeable differance, well not in the terms of useing a chelated iron for clorosis. Over all it seems to be a readily avalible neutrient supplement [ like seaweed], long term areas we use it appear to be better [ after 3-6 months]....hope this is helpful, regards :)

SUPRASPORT
04-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Nocutting-Where do you get it and how do you apply? (spray, granular, powder,concentrate)

NattyLawn
04-21-2005, 11:33 PM
http://www.teravita.com/Products/Products.htm

nocutting
04-22-2005, 12:11 AM
Hi Todd there are 2 ways to go about this, I get a liqued from a local "Arborist Supply", PTS,[ Professional Tree Surgeons] in Lindenhurst, NY....Sorry I dont have there # off hand....The 2nd option is to make it outa a compost pile of leaf mold with out any grass clippings...I'll look up that #, regards Saxon

nocutting
04-22-2005, 12:18 AM
Hey Natty?, thanks for the site, I hate buyin retail, always pefer goin to the source, thanks again, Saxon

FLD
04-22-2005, 06:50 AM
Nocutting - we buy the SP-85 (granular) and then mix it ourself. The shipping is way cheaper, but you have to mix it and then let it sit for a day to let the solids settle out.

LonniesLawns
04-22-2005, 08:18 AM
I buy hundreds of gallons a yeaf from organic approach in PA. Talk to Eric Denese. www.organicapproach.com

NattyLawn
04-22-2005, 08:11 PM
I buy hundreds of gallons a yeaf from organic approach in PA. Talk to Eric Denese. www.organicapproach.com

I work at Organic Approach too, just don't know how it is on lawnsite about advertising....Give a call and talk to either Erik and go from there.

Green Quality
04-22-2005, 10:44 PM
payup Here is the true source for real (Industry humic acid) made by -bio-micro-organism.Product called (Garden magic) -Allegheny Process Systems -ask for edd kerr ,(304-296-0094),tell them shawn sent ya!whole sale!!!!!!! payup

SUPRASPORT
04-23-2005, 12:42 AM
Shawn---This looks good--there are no prices on their website.---Can you give me some idea of the price before i call?---Thanks Todd

NattyLawn
04-23-2005, 08:52 AM
payup Here is the true source for real (Industry humic acid) made by -bio-micro-organism.Product called (Garden magic) -Allegheny Process Systems -ask for edd kerr ,(304-296-0094),tell them shawn sent ya!whole sale!!!!!!! payup

Suprasport..

Price the Garden Magic, and then call Organic Approach or its sister company, Teravita, and price them as well. I don't know what Green Quality means by "true source", but the humate technology O.A. uses is not matched by anyone in the U.S.

Soil Humic
05-06-2005, 07:32 PM
As a pure Soil Scientist with training in Humus and Humus Polymers, this one got my attention. I could find no evidence of a product called Garden Magic by Allegheny Process Systems, at least registered with the EPA or known by the various Science indices. Unless you are a very smart Microbiologist the process of manufacturing a liquid Humic Acid product by using Microbial Action is impossible. My company Soil Secrets has been doing this for going on 3 decades with a staff of top notch Bio-Chemists, Soil Chemists and Microbiologists plus myself. And as far as I've ever seen from world-wide exposure to this industry, we (Soil Secrets) own the only technology for making a liquid Humic Acid that was not done by using a Strong Base (alkaline) Extraction of Humate material. The base extraction process used as an industry standard is simple and at one time was even patented. This is how everyone does it: You take Humate that has been ground down into a flour and mix it with boiling to near boiling water. You than take the appropriate amount of Potassium or Sodium Hydroxide and melt the Humate into a solution. Humate is not soluble in water at a normal pH so the extremely high pH material such as that listed must be used. Think of Drano liquefying the clog of hair and other organics in your drain trap as it is a diluted Sodium Hydroxide product. The stuff used to melt Humates is much stronger and can melt your flesh and will certainly kill any naturally occurring beneficial microbes that may have been in the Humate. The final steps involve precipitating the Humin, clays, and other non-humic acid materials out of the solution by putting Hydrogen peroxide into the mix. You let it settle out and pour off the liquid which will be a Humic Acid liquid product with a high pH of 8 or above and will not support a healthy flora of the 6 functional groups of soil microbes. The base material will still melt them! The question is, does your situation need either the Sodium or Potassium that you will get from these products? If so, the product may be the right one for you. If you need Humic substances plus microbes, the product will be a bad choice as it's too weak in total technical material of Humic acid and will lack the correct microbes altogether, plus the pH may be all wrong for you. I hope this information helps. Michael

PhrankW
05-12-2005, 10:42 AM
We've sold Humic Acid in granular form for over 15 years and our customers swear by it. I've got tons of documentation, lab tests, and university support if you are interested. On clay we're seeing about a year and a half longivity. On sand you can expect about 8 months. Here is a link to our material and I hope it helps. If you need any additonal info give me a call, PM me, or email me. http://www.greensmiths.com/humic.htm

pagefault
05-12-2005, 10:58 PM
I've used HuMate from Medina (medinaag.com) with very good results.